Model Cars Magazine Forum

...not if we CAN, but SHOULD we ?

Ace-Garageguy

That's an obvious Photoshop job. The stuff you see through the windshield doesn't match the background.

...yes, and the viewing angles on the wheels is different from the body so that the perspective is horribly out of kilter, the image of the '32 is far sharper than the background and wheels, but it's all so awful, including the subject matter, that I just couldn't resist.....all around quality-is-job-one.

And who knows......it may just be the next big thing after rat-rods.

PS. And bad photoshopping goes even farther than rat-rods to bypass the need for any actual automotive-related skill. No need to even get dirty making a horroble cobbled up mess.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Who knows, maybe a future trend. Who knows, maybe we will see people building hybrid and electric '32 Ford rods somewhere down the road...swap in Prius or Leaf drivetrains. That would be different...

This year is the 80th anniversary of the '32 Ford, I wonder if anyone is still going to be building '32 Ford hot rods in another 20 years? I would think interest of them would die out eventually...

Edited by Rob Hall

Who knows, maybe a future trend. Who knows, maybe we will see people building hybrid and electric '32 Ford rods somewhere down the road...swap in Prius or Leaf drivetrains. That would be different...

Well, it's not a 32, but http://evconsultinginc.com/34ford.html ... I think this is the one I saw recently in Hot Rod or a similar magazine that is running 9 second quarter miles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...