Model Cars Magazine Forum

BEETLEJUICE

GrandpaMcGurk

Guys, this thing can't make up it's mind what it wants to be...........what would you like to see happen?

Just a few pics of the parts...........

I used the cowl from a T kit and scratch built the rest of the body, a kit T frame as a starting point & a VW engine from a Manx kit.

The engine will have dual port heads & more than likely a couple of Weber's or fuel injection?

AVW003.jpg

AVW002.jpg

AVW001.jpg

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk

Perhaps wire cycle wheels up front, the gas tank & battery could hide under a hood and fake radiator.............dunno yet, still ciphering.

The engine won't be readily visible "enclosed" in the back of the C-cab so it could look like a custom C-cab street rod.

However, I can't seem to shake the idea of kicking a springer way out front and making it a wild trike.

be different, put the flat four in front of the firewall replace the transaxle with a 4-speed tranny and fit a third member from a TR4a in the back end.

then you could whip up an external oil cooler to put in a shortened Model T radiator shroud.

or you can forget all that and I'll just have to do it later myself with a Corvair engine I've had sitting around for a while. ;)

When I saw this I Thought "Vee Rod". You could run a torsion bar front end, most any of the front engined dragsters used them. Full Model T hood and radiator shell. Spindle mount front wheels something like Halibrand 12 spokes, rear no more than an 8 - 10 inch wide tire/wheel. Fuel tank in the front like most of the Vee Rods used, presumably to keep the front end somewhat on the ground.

Problem with putting the heater in the front is that the ring and pinion would have to be flopped, run backwards or regrind the cam to run the engine in the opposite direction.

Yes it could be done but I think I'll leave it in the rear.

It would however look pretty kool with a valve cover and headers hanging out of each of the hood sides.

At any rate, many thanks to all you guys that have offered suggestions.

One thing I have decided to do is slap some wood on the sides of the top and use a vinyl or fabric roof covering........also some obscenely wide rear tires.

Whether it's a Volksrod or trike, wire wheel(s) on the front.

Problem with putting the heater in the front is that the ring and pinion would have to be flopped, run backwards or regrind the cam to run the engine in the opposite direction.

Yes it could be done but I think I'll leave it in the rear.

It would however look pretty kool with a valve cover and headers hanging out of each of the hood sides.

At any rate, many thanks to all you guys that have offered suggestions.

One thing I have decided to do is slap some wood on the sides of the top and use a vinyl or fabric roof covering........also some obscenely wide rear tires.

Whether it's a Volksrod or trike, wire wheel(s) on the front.

no need to do all that...just make the tranny with four reverse gears and one forward gear and yer all set. 8)

I guess I will get to build that beastie myself with a flat-6. ;)

Replaced the VW generator with a 12 volt alternator, made some pulleys to replace that one piece belt guard that came with the Manx kit.

Started fabbing up the dual port intake tubes... dug a couple of larger carbs and cogged belt out of the parts box.

ACvolks001.jpg

ACvolks002.jpg

ACvolks003.jpg

Just a quick check to make sure it'll fit......yep!

ACvolks004.jpg

ACvolks005.jpg