Model Cars Magazine Forum

rare find...

probably going another route i've seen an FLD 120 around where i live thats sort of a light blue color with two hole budd wheels but i don't know once it arrives im going to do some brainstormng and see what comes out of it.

Thanks for lookin'!

Seen a few of those pop up lately on ebay

yeah i saw another one on there about a week ago but i didn't have the money to buy cause the guy selling it wanted about 110 dollars for it so when i saw this i made sure i snagged it lol Edited by DRWho95

Wow, didn't know they fetched that much, I've had one of these in the stash for quite some time ....

ModelStash19thMarch20122-1.jpg

very nice collection!, yeah they are hard to find these days so people tend to go a little crazy with the prices on "rare" kits that why like i said snapped it up as quickly as i could because no doubt someone else will put one up for sale in the next day or so for wayyy more than what i paid for the one i got (market inflation).

Thanks for lookin'!

ah ya the fld freightshaker the first truck i had on with gravel the loader guy wud slap 80,000 pounds in box id have the 15 speed in deep reduction the 460 cummins just screamin black smoke firing out stacks ahh ya fond memories..... beautiful kit fairly accurate

ah ya the fld freightshaker the first truck i had on with gravel the loader guy wud slap 80,000 pounds in box id have the 15 speed in deep reduction the 460 cummins just screamin black smoke firing out stacks ahh ya fond memories..... beautiful kit fairly accurate

B)

Just traded one for Tyrone Malone Papa truck and Super Boss . I think italeri will soon be releasing it again but with a condo sleeper.

those tyrone malone trucks are really cool good trade, yeah hopefully they will this is probably one of my favorite kits next to the 378 kit and would love to see it reissued for sure!

Thanks for lookin'!

those tyrone malone trucks are really cool good trade, yeah hopefully they will this is probably one of my favorite kits next to the 378 kit and would love to see it reissued for sure!

Thanks for lookin'!

Well John i emailed them 2 months ago and italeri told me to wait till feb 2013 a big change to the FLD120 kit.maybe a condo sleep i did suggest that in my email to them.yes a good trade for sure thank you .

Edited by Mr mopar

Well John i emailed them 2 months ago and italeri told me to wait till feb 2013 a big change to the FLD120 kit.maybe a condo sleep i did suggest that in my email to them.yes a good trade for sure thank you .

that sounds awesome! gonna keep an eye out on that one for sure.

Thanks for lookin'!

i too have a few fond memories involving this kit my late uncle tim built one of these for a company he worked for called Liquid trans corp. i need to try and find some photos of it it was really something else. so i suppose this is sort of a tribute build to him although it probably won't be as good as his :lol: im going to give it the old southern try.

Thanks for lookin'!

probably going another route i've seen an FLD 120 around where i live thats sort of a light blue color with two hole budd wheels but i don't know once it arrives im going to do some brainstormng and see what comes out of it.

Thanks for lookin'!

How about making it into a M-915 line hauler or better yet, GUN TRUCK !!

post-4889-0-98068200-1352094840_thumb.jp

Badass.jpg

these things are beastly!, this would be a pretty good project I'm more of a fleet truck kinda guy y'know basic paint job, two hole wheels, single exhaust that sorta thing so this would fit well in that catagory. ^_^ I'm going to try to get my hands on another one of these kits whenever another one pops up on ebay because this looks like a really fun project!

Thanks for lookin'!

Edited by DRWho95

I've had one of these in the stash that has actually had road time in the 1:1!! :lol: I have always planned on building like the 1:1 I drove, including the shortened side fairings and the 470 Series 60 under hood. Italeri did a nice job on the update to the 120, not simply repopping the FLC, including even correcting the air ride in the rear.