Model Cars Magazine Forum

rare find...

I've had one of these in the stash that has actually had road time in the 1:1!! :lol: I have always planned on building like the 1:1 I drove, including the shortened side fairings and the 470 Series 60 under hood. Italeri did a nice job on the update to the 120, not simply repopping the FLC, including even correcting the air ride in the rear.

:D

Don't waste your time and money on the Marmon. It just might be the worst truck kit that RoG ever made. It's actually the 359 Pete with a different grille

It's alright i wasn't planning on it just thought i'd share it because i found it interesting. ^_^ also do you happen to know anything about the T-600 kit that RoG made? is it any good?

Thanks for lookin'!

No I do not. Personally I have never been a big fan of any of the RoG kits, but I'm sure you'll get some feedback on the T 600

Can't say i blame ya' i purchased one of the 359 Kits and the build quality was poor, excessive flash, and a number of inaccuracies. i've heard several people mention the same things when talking about the RoG kits. Thanks for the input!

Thanks for lookin'!

That was the first truck kit I ever build back in the early 90's, and it was the worst truck kit I have ever built, so many poor fit problems, I certainly wouldn't spend $130 on another one ....

i normally don't purchase truck kits unless the name Italeri across the top of the box. I mostly find that RoG Kits to be innacurate and poorly manufactured due to overuse of tooling.

Thanks for lookin'!

In a word NO, it has so many poor fit problems you'll be pulling your hair out !

:lol:

I mostly find that RoG Kits to be innacurate and poorly manufactured due to overuse of tooling.

There kits of the early German 1950's trucks (Krupp and the Bussing) are very good kits with brilliant parts fit, there later London Routemaster bus is a stunning kit, but there earlier American truck kits weren't very good, and wheels and tyres looked awful ....