Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Pete Wrecker

Thanks, Guys for your kind comments about my truck...I appreciate them....I wish I could build an RC model of this one, but like you said, Dave, that would just break me...And, no, Charles, the lights do not work.....As it was my first attempt at a 1/16 scale model, I kinda wanted to see it completed quickly, so my ambitions were not that high....But, once again, I appreciate all of you...

Edited by kilrathy10

Very nice work JT. How long did it take you to build the whole project wrecker bed and all. It looks great.

Doug

It was about a month and a half....It helps when you have a lot of styrene plastic around....Not afraid to make mistakes....

Went to a plastics supplier and picked up two 4' x 8' pieces of .060" styrene for like $20 a sheet and I've still got A LOT left....And I eyeball a lot of stuff...To me, if it looks right, it is right...Thanks for the interest, Doug...

• 5 weeks later...

Great build JT I like the color scheem........Did i read it rite that you got 4foot x 8foot sheet of styreen???If so could I get info cause I got a big scratch build tat will require alot of sheet styreen......Im just like you when it comes to scratch builden,if it dont look rite i"ll build it again , im not afraid to make mistakes........Thats a AWSAUME build........

Terry

Great build JT I like the color scheem........Did i read it rite that you got 4foot x 8foot sheet of styreen???If so could I get info cause I got a big scratch build tat will require alot of sheet styreen......Im just like you when it comes to scratch builden,if it dont look rite i"ll build it again , im not afraid to make mistakes........Thats a AWSAUME build........

Terry

That is correct...With my latest 2 trailer builds, this wrecker, the Allied Vans truck, and one more Pete race rig I'm working on, I just finished off the first 4' x 8' piece...I love it..There's gotta be somewhere in AZ that sells plastic...I found this place, here in Houston pretty easily...Look for a place that makes signs and ask them where they get their plastic...I about lost my mind when they sold me that much plastic for only $20 a sheet.....I'm going to get some more, tomorrow, Lord willing....

And thank you guys...I appreciate the viewing and comments...

Edited by kilrathy10

Superb build and great skill. I like the colour they look right.

Thanks, Dave...Seen some of your work on Fotki...You've got some nice stuff....Can't say I'm a huge fan of Albion trucks, but your builds are superb...You guys should check him out... :) There's good stuff in there...

Edited by kilrathy10