Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chuck Aaron's Red Bull Helicopter

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Chuck Aaron is the only pilot in the United States that is licensed to do areobatic stunts in a helicopter. He flies a modified MBB BO-105 CBS, and if you've never seen him you can go to YouTube and watch him do things that a helicopter isn't supposed to do....back flips, barrel rolls, etc....just search "Red Bull Helicopter"....

I've been wanting to build a model of this for some time now, but there is no kit of the CBS version of the 105....the CBS is the "lifeflight" version and has a slightly longer fuselage. I finally decided to use two 1/32 Italeri BO 105s "spliced" together to create my own 105 CBS. I added collectives and masking tape seat belts to the interior, and added steps to the runners. I also designed my own decals. Everthing else is from the kit. The hardest part was masking for paint, but I'm pleased with the way it came out.

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

Posted · Report post

You did a great job on that build, it really looks great !

Posted · Report post

Looks great, very nice build !

Posted · Report post

Fantastic!

G

Posted · Report post

Thanks, guys!

Posted · Report post

Looks pretty good all the way around. Beautiful work. Our local Life Flight just switched to these and boy do they sound aggressive.

Posted · Report post

Very nice build. The paint job is killer! It must have been a lot of meticulous masking. Nice work!

Sam

Posted · Report post

She's a beauty Tommy!

Posted · Report post

Thanks again, and Sam, the paint was really a pain, but not just the taping....my first effort had the blue wrinkle up over the white, so I had to strip it, retape it, and shoot it all over again. Lets just say that I'm glad it's finished, lol!