Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale 3D-Printed Ardun Flathead...........

For you more traditional hot rodders out there, here are some test pieces in 1/16 scale for an Ardun converted flathead Ford with the early Hilborn fuel injection............and an adapter to run the GM Muncie 4 speed transmission........

post-4885-0-43812000-1351971772_thumb.jp

Some of these pieces are really too small, and should probably be combined with their adjacent parts, but they all came through the printer pretty well............the distributor cap just amazes me, even the openings for the wires are there.............

More images here for those interested:

http://public.fotki....cale-ford-flat/

Tony

Wow! Those are amazing. It looks as though 3D printing is coming faster than many realize. Those water neck pieces and the block are incredible.

You should post this in General, I think the responses will rev up quick.

Edited by bbowser

what don't i understand here? is this a kit, or a drawing, or .... ?

They are actual 1/16 scale parts, printed by the 3D printing method. If you look at the pics in the link, you can see the "layers" which are "printed" as the part is created/printed.

Shane..........these parts were done so I could see how they came through the printer at 1/16 scale...........if the interest is there, I will talk to the other guys at TDR and see about getting the pieces into the catalog.........I've also got other stock pieces along with Stromberg intakes, Offenhauser and Navarro heads, as well as SCOT parts..................it just takes a little time to prepare the files.................

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some Strombergs and intake pieces for the Ardun.............

post-4885-0-56299200-1353541100_thumb.jppost-4885-0-87261300-1353541071_thumb.jppost-4885-0-60299400-1353541130_thumb.jp

I have not had printed the SCOT parts yet, but I suspect they will come through just fine..........I am in the process of preparing the files for listing in the TDR catalog, and we should have them up there in the near future.....................

Thanks for taking a look.............

Tony

• 8 years later...

Now this goes back a ways......There are files available for the Ardun on Turbosquid....links below.  These files are not print ready, but if you are clever with a modelling program, they can be edited for your needs.  The files reflect the engine approximately full size, so you can scale to whatever size you need.

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-ardun-flathead-v8-engine-model/427984

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/ardun-stromberg-v8-engine-3d-model/441454

Hope that helps.....