Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Barracuda Pro Stock 12/13

caine440

70 and 71 the Cuda was more common. By 72 many teams started with the Cuda but by the end of the season were focused on the Duster thanks to NHRA changing the rules to make the GM cars more competitive even the Mopar Missile was in a Duster as the 72 season came to an end.

There are some cool looking 72 and later E bodies like the Sox car he ran outside of NHRA. I have seen a Vanke Cuda and a few others If you have photos of other I would love to see them as I have a couple of 72 bodies and no plans for them. Finding decals for the lesser known cars can be a big challenge.

The scoop is modified from the Johan 71 Sox & Martin kit.

.Thanks!

Grotheer had some of the best looking cars out there ; easily in my personal Top 5 .

Caine440 is right ; by 1972 , Chrysler was all but entirely factored-out of many racing classes / sanctions ; and truly , any non-Wedge engine was factored-out (Ford's Boss 429 and Chrysler's 426 Hemi were chief among them) with "Canted Valve" engines not far behind (335-Series / 385-Series / "Shotgun" Fords , iirc. , and Mark IV Chevy ).

At least in Pro Stock that was the case .

By early-mid year '72 , Demon-Duster-Dart Sport models rapidly replaced Barracuda / Challenger models in short order .

Here is a pic of the Missle Challenger that I haven't seen before. You seem to have a pretty vast knowledge of Mopar racing history.

Have you ever seen this version of the Chally, and if so have you considered building it? You do a great job on your replicas, and it would be a pretty cool ride to add to your collection.

missile_01.jpg

Corey

Edited by dimebolt

You guys are GREAT!

Thanks for all the input.

Chuck those would be great decals! You know I would be first in line!

Corey, the Motown Missle photo is of the 1970 Challenger. Slixx just released a set of decals for that one, though the paint scheme would be tough for me.

Thanks again!

Edited by caine440

Here is a pic of the Missle Challenger that I haven't seen before. You seem to have a pretty vast knowledge of Mopar racing history.

Have you ever seen this version of the Chally, and if so have you considered building it? You do a great job on your replicas, and it would be a pretty cool ride to add to your collection.

missile_01.jpg

Corey

Shown,,,it's the 1970 season version. I 'think' the decals are avail for this car( not 100% sure though)

The one with the lighter yellow side panels was the 1971 car

If anybody has a dead on shot of the cable car on the door of Grotheer's car I might do a set of decals for it

Chuck

If Caine doesn't mind the hijak

I'll go thru my pictures and see what I have and post them here

Do you need a straight on side shot ?