Model Cars Magazine Forum

It pays to be honest, thanks Revell

I needed a new 2010 Camaro body, the duplicolor primer is just a little bit to hot , I didnt take steps to insure not damaging the body. I didnt feel right doing a parts replacement request, so I emailed Revell, explained that I was the reason for the ruined body. Revell responded by thanking me for being honest and said that they would send me a replacement body.

Very cool :) .

I did something similar a number of months ago . I bought a '69 Dart GTS (1995 Revell issue) off of eBay ; its glass was bad (tyres burns and random scratches) . Knowing that obviously the glass from the sub seq. '68 Darts is exactly the same , I knew that they'd work for the '69.

In my email ("contact form") to Revell , I'd told 'em exactly what had happened . I simply requested a new set of glass for the '68 Dart , and asked them how much it'd be to have the replacement mailed to me . Obviously , I wasn't trying to replace defective-as-received-new parts .

No reply / response :blink: .

One week later , I receive a package in the mail ...

... the replacement glass :o !

They just sent it to me at no charge !

That's some excellent P.R. on their part :) .

I emailed them with a heartfelt thanks .

Nicely done. I had a quandry about a part i wanted for a project and decided against using parts replacement for it. I want to free up that manpower for folks whom really need it. Looks like paid off here, nice to hear. I DID use it for a legit replacement and they were very fast about it too.

I'm kinda surprised you had issues with the Duplicolor primer. I've been using it for years with no trouble.

I dont for the most part either, but I have noticed that with the new Revell plastic, and same with some kits from Japanese companys ( Tamyia,Fujimi, Aoshima) that it will craze

Like Charles up there I use the Bright Beauty with no ill effects. I recently primed a 78 issue Monogram Packard with no ill effects. I think the second line Duplicolor products are a cooler formula.

They are also cheaper in price but not in quality. And, they dry quickly and thin.

Bob

That pretty funny, when I wanted a replacement Audi R8 Spyder for the warped washcloth they included that was impersonating as the body shell, they wanted me to ship it to Illinois on my dime to inspect it first.

Could it be they wanted to know if it was a Revell AG kit or USA kit?

Joe.

Glad they treated you well on this deal. Still, honesty is its own reward (so they say) and it makes life SO much easier only having to remember the TRUE version of everything. ;)

Nice update on Revell's customer service. I buggered a wing-half on a 1/32 Spitfire years ago, and I'd really like to finish it someday. I'll happily pay for a replacement....now to contact Revell and fess up. :unsure:

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Could it be they wanted to know if it was a Revell AG kit or USA kit?

Joe.

I specified it was the US re-box, along with the part/kit numbers, which are not the same between the two. They said they had gotten no other complaints about warping. Which I guess meant I was trying to scam them, rather than the fact the kit had only been on the market for a week.

I e-mailed revell a couple times for different reasons. Once my gf's son bought a snap tight star wars something or other. But revell missed putting a whole parts tree in the box. Another time I messed up a windshield. Both times revell responded with replacing the part free of charge. Only thing was the star wars parts took over a month to receive and the windshield took well over a month. Revell has good customer service but their response time is slow.