Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage License Plate Images

• 9 years later...

When I'm making plates, I usually just paste my saved image into a word doc. Resize as necessary and print onto semi-gloss photo paper. 

Took a bit of trial and error to get the sizing right, but now that I've done that, I haver a template saved.

I use https://www.acme.com/licensemaker/

I find the fonts used are more accurate than some of the other plate makers out there.

23 hours ago, wlhowell24 said:

What program do you guys use to resize these plates?

On the world license plate site, before I print, I just click on reduce 25% and print. They come out just the right size. After I print, I go over the paper with clear packing tape on both sides of it. Then just cut them out with scissors. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 6:23 PM, iamsuperdan said:

When I'm making plates, I usually just paste my saved image into a word doc. Resize as necessary and print onto semi-gloss photo paper. 

Took a bit of trial and error to get the sizing right, but now that I've done that, I haver a template saved.

I use https://www.acme.com/licensemaker/

I find the fonts used are more accurate than some of the other plate makers out there.

Would you be willing to share the template?

Just now, wlhowell24 said:

Would you be willing to share the template?

I would, but we can't upload Word docs here.

I just go into Word and add like a dozen images of the same plate, all in different sizes. I print a page, and eyeball the "correct" plate. THen I make a note and save the file. Now when I make a new plate, I can just cut/paste into the file, shrink the image to match my "correct" plate. Then print.

:)

16 minutes ago, Rodent said:

A "normal" modern U. S., Canada, or Mexico plate is 12" w x 6" h. Using the scale in Word to make your plate 1/2" wide is pretty much on the money for 1/24 or 1/25 scale.

image.png.a63939ff5dbaad76e7d1d759f1b60352.png

Got her figured out guys. Thanks.