Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tommy Grove F/C

Pro Tech

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I got the engine/chassis completed (less headers). I scratchbuilt the side panels from air conditioning "metal" duct tape and added Pro Tech Dzus Fasteners. All of the engine detailing is from Pro Tech along with all the photoetch bolt detailing on the tin work/engine. On to the body for more tin work etc.

Thanks for looking!

Charlie

Pro Tech

TommyGrovechassisengine5_zpsdf0a50b6.jpg

TommyGrovechassisengine4_zpseadbd3f2.jpg

TommyGrovechassisengine3_zps33251501.jpg

TommyGrovechassisengine2_zps0c94bef5.jpg

TommyGovechassisengine1_zps4bbc2481.jpg

Jim, thanks, those were more of a bear than I thought they were going to be.

Hondo, thanks, hey ya mean I didn't have to spend 50 hrs on doing the body, heck I could have already had this done by now lol.............

Brad, thanks, appreciate it!

Hey John buddy, thanks and I love you using them :D

Bob, thanks, much appreciated

Aaron, thanks bud and I love your avatar

Ed, thanks and yes I have connections :lol:

Chris, thanks man and I'm a big fan of your awesome work also.

Doug, thanks. All I could say on cleanliness of a build is to never rush any segment of a build. Always take your time and be pleased with the fit etc. before you do final gluing. Also on of amount of glued used you can get by with alot less than you think, as the old saying say's "less is more" Also take into account the best type of glue to use for a specific application, the assortment of glues I use for builds comes from - fast setting CA, medium setting CA, 5 min. epoxy, Testors liquid, Testors tube, Future (floor coating), used for setting all of my fuel, oil, etc lines and fittings, white glue for doing the complete mockup of the build before I ever put any paint on it. I look forward to you build as I love the vintage stuff!

Steve, thanks!

Hi John, how ya been bud? thanks and always love seeing your vintage stuff, I think we're cut from the same cloth for the love of the "days gone by" drag racing.

Charlie

Pro Tech