Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 GTO Street and Strip

BOSWELL891

Bought this kit a couple of months ago with plans on building it factory stock but decided making it a street and strip car would be cooler. I had a 396 engine that I wasn't going to use that fit with no problems so I decided it would be great to use for the car. I also am working on a roll bar for it which is something that is knew to me and I think so far it is turning out great. All comments and suggestions are welcome since building drag cars is something I usually don't do.

3E1A293F-F348-4453-B924-EB4249CD4709-8279-00000B39F2419B4E.jpg

I thought it would look good if I painted the heads to make them look aluminium not sure if I am going to keep them like that though.

0E5E84BF-DCAB-44AE-8B62-97BD82A4C1E7-8279-00000B3A0CB6070F.jpg

Roll bar so far.

1763A373-767D-423B-9CCE-BC5A58322DFE-8279-00000B39B994E8A9.jpg

Hi im working on that goat too. if you want to keep the stock exhaust system id suggest you to use some cotton ear sticks.

Here is mine, its not finished coz i decided to build a promod from that kit so i wont need it anymore

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u505/grzessk/wydech4.jpg

low quality pic but you get the idea :rolleyes:

Also the tread on rear tires was awful, i removed it completely, and it turned out into a nice pair of slicks.

This is cool project. Always liked the look of '64 GTO and yes, I've built one too with Hillborn Fuel Injection. Anyways, your project looks great so far, that roll bar is shaping up nicely! And I would absolutely keep those aluminium heads because they just fit much better to Race Car than any others (except in Stocker :lol: !). And maybe finding a pair of rear slicks would be easier than making those as "Slicks". The shape of the side of that tire doesn't look like Slicks tire even if the tread is removed.

But all in all, very nice build, I will be watching very closely! B)

Yeah! B) THAT looks good! New wheels and those slicks really do look better. Are you going to paint those spokes with somekind of Gun Metal paint, they look more Old School like that, but they look great like that too. Anyway you do, it will look fantastic. Keep on the good work.

• 1 month later...