Model Cars Magazine Forum

`83 Trans Am

Hawk312

Yes, an `83 Trans Am...no laughing :P

This was a really quick build (again). Sorry I dont have more pics. My camera is really bad at capturing light colored cars fro some reason.

This was the kit that started it all for me, almost 30 years ago. It was fun to build, and brought back lots of memories...

82transam3.jpg

82transam2.jpg

Thanks guys!

It really does look like a KITT...err...starter kit. Actually, wasn't there an episode where they rebuilt KITT and he was white when first put back together? Nice job!

Haha, yeah, he was in gray primer though. I forget exactly what happened to him. What was funny though was, while he was in gray primer in the garage, Michael (David Hasslehoff) held up a spray gun and said something to the effect of "the finishing touch." He then proceeds to start painting KITT black, no paint mask, no masking the windows, etc. :D

How 'bout a shot of all three of your 3rd Gen Pontiac F-bodies together, please? ^_^ This one is gorgeous, just like the other two you've shown here, David. :wub:

Thanks Casey! I cant snap a pic of all of them together because the weather isn`t cooperating here. But I can post pics of each of them. Here you go:

82transam3.jpg

done5.jpg

done6.jpg

finished.jpg

finished2.jpg

Edited by Hawk312

Very nice build David! I think your photos are very good. My camera won't pick up the shine on white at all. At least your photos show that your model has a good shine on it. I remember when these cars came out and how I disliked the wheels on them. They look like a Turbo T/A wheel with a cheap plastic hub cap on them which is what they basically were. BTW, who was the maker on this kit?

Beautiful...Sorry, I had to laugh, a bit...Only because I remember this car in the 1/1....I had a buddy who's big brother got this same car when they first came out...Same color and everything...We were just in awe....I think I was about 14 at the time...Great build...Just showing my age, is all...Excellent work, Man...And it's true, I don't think I've EVER seen this car posted or built, for that matter, ANYWHERE...It really is beautiful....And that maroon Trans Am!!!! That is my FAVORITE car EVER... :D:wub: .EVER!!!!!!!Mind you...EVER!!! :wub:

Edited by kilrathy10