Model Cars Magazine Forum

Builds per Year

I am sure it verys with what life throws at us but does anyone try to build a certain amout of builds a year? With heath reasons l have built the fewest l ever have. l have so many projects l want to get done is why l like to build around 12 a year....

I used to build pretty fast and considered one per month a good rate. Now, I'm lucky to get one built in two months. I did manage to pull off a one week build this year,but it was a box stocker.

I have NO set amount to build! In the past 4 years I've completer an average of .25 builds per year .. yes .. one completion in 4 years. It's just me .. I enjoy working on them too much. I do something on one or the other almost every day and detail them all WAY too much! :)

Edited by Foxer

When I first started back into car modeling back in '91 I guess I finished about a model a month... Now with better skills, the proper tools and a LOT more patience, now I'm lucky if I can finish 4 or 5 models in a year. Of course, now the models usually come out a whole lot better than they did 20 years ago.

Not bragging, but I lost count, I have no life, so I am able to build :lol:

Just counted, so 51 builds, plus a handful of diecast redos, I have 8 more builds that I need to finish, so I think for the year the number will be 59, hmm, cant end on a odd number for a even year :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

I try to keep my completed builds even with the influx of new kits............. not workiing....... not working one bit!!

LOL. Me too. Every time I think I'm making progress, Revell or Moebius or Round 2 releases more that I just have to have. I think I've completed 4 or 5 this year with a couple more pretty close. There's just not enough time.

One every two weeks untill I get derailed every once in a while, My goal is 24 a year. Actually I have 15 this year so far.

yea, thats my goal too, 24 new projects a year....... what...... oh, finished, not started....... nevermind!!

dude, thats crazy!!! are you married? have kids?

Not bragging, but I lost count, I have no life, so I am able to build :lol:

Just counted, so 51 builds, plus a handful of diecast redos, I have 8 more builds that I need to finish, so I think for the year the number will be 59, hmm, cant end on a odd number for a even year :lol:

Hmm. That explains a lot. ^_^

Define "completed" for me!! If you mean the point at which you stop fiddling with them and put them in the display case, then I am in trouble! My hectic schedule doesn't allow me much time to build and my never ending quest to add details or customize a kit prevents me from getting many completed. Like many others, I have kits that were started years ago and have yet to be finished.

I think I built too many kits this year 1 per month . I do find it interesting that I'm adding more and more detail to the so called finished models.So I guess we're never truely done a kit. Are most of you rebuilding kits too new to you and old kits?