Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Chevy Impala Custom

ChevyCoupe41

My latest project. I bought this AMT Chevy Impala Convertible from local model car show last weekend. Previous owner was started to some custom modifications like windshield frame was chopped and few emblems were removed. Chassis is lowered by previous owner and it's as low as it could be. B) Engine came with the model and its small block Chevy with TH350 transmission. I will put my skills to the test with this project so i will detailed it as good as i can. ;) Here's few pics how it look like now.

Yep, It's very low but nothing scratch to ground and that is very good thing. B) It's so low that exhaust pipes will be somekind of problem in future. :lol:

SAM_1121.jpg?t=1352134973

Previous owner was sanded chromes of bumpers so they will be in body color.

SAM_1132.jpg?t=1352135023

And the engine. It's almost finished. Need to put starter motor,air cleaner,some hoses, transmission oil fill tube and kickdown wire and then it's mostly finished.

SAM_1142.jpg?t=1352312807

Comments and color ideas are welcome because i dont have any idea of body color. ;)

• 4 weeks later...