Model Cars Magazine Forum

nascar race / Demolition Derby

Uhh.... What a Cluster? :huh::blink::rolleyes: Without taking sides, mind you, I'm just a casual observer and I have no favorites this season...(I only watched the race today because Dad had it on and I was sitting in my recliner with my laptop...) Not saying he was right or wrong but, looking at Gordon and Bowyers past 'track record' of incidents this season, I think Jeff had just had enough and without thought, retaliated. I knew it was going to cause a blowout... Regardless, it was the most entertaining thing I've seen on TV in quite a while... <_<

Running for cover, hoping this doesn't start a flame war... Guys, please, keep it civil?!?

Edited by Wagoneer81

Danica hasn't had a really good season... Has she finished a race or has she been 'taken out' each time?

Yeah, never have seen an entire team go after one driver before... I think Jeffs' life may have flashed before his eyes when he saw an entire team coming at him with blood in their eyes...

Edited by Wagoneer81

Not a big Brad fan either but I think if JJ wins a 6th championship in 7 years it won't help Nascar whatsoever. Boring!!!... I think though, Brad is the closest to the Intimidator that we've seen in over 10 years. He races hard, he's smart and he will play tricks on the competition Like coming out from pit road in front of JJ immediately as soon as he passed the line to allow him to go up into the racing groove Threw JJ right off (this was a few races ago - forget where) He will be champion if not this year then soon.

Danica was having a great race until Burton tagged her. She was in 13th place. I believe she still finished better than her boss.

I dont blame Jeff for what he did, he should of not done when or how he did it, plain and simple, he should waited tell after race and settled man to man, dont wreck cars that people back in shop bust there rear ends on building and and preparing for you to race in.

Clint had it coming, he race's everyone hard, I dont feel bad for Clint, I feel bad for all the guys back at the race shops

I have to say that Im a big fan of Hendrick Motorsports because I have two different friends that actually work for Hendrick Motorsports in the 48 stables. What I will say about the 24 - 15 saga from today is the 15 did nothing wrong today but race for position with a ill handeling car all race. The 15 didnt come up into the 24 if anything the 24 came down into the 15. Gordon got frustrated and then black flagged so he thought screw it, hes in third, Johnson is points back now because of slamming the wall so he took him out figuring Napcar probably wouldnt penalize him because hes the wonder boy of Napcar. Not the actions of a Champion for sure. Very unprofessional and lack of class on Jeffs part (which I'm sure will be handled appropriately on Monday morning) as Rick H doesnt stand for those kind of on track incidents.

The 15 crew on the other hand showed total lack professionalism and class as well. You dont sneak a driver period especially during the race. If you wanna meet in the motor home area and slug it out have at it but not at the track. If you watched any of the entire drama, Michael Waltrip was there trying to pull people back and get his driver under control. It was just bad judgement on both crews parts that left emotions and reacted without thinking it out first. Horrible that all those children watching the race today had to witness that. I do however hope that Boyer takes ahold of Gordon tonight in the hauler area though lol.

In regards to Danica Patrick, she has however actually had a decent year in the Cup Series. For her first year I feel shes done super on the limited schedule shes ran. She did nothing today that four other drivers did. She of all people has a right to be pissed more then anyone as they should have thrown the yellow when she got out of shape with two to go. Had they thrown a caution I doubt that last wreck woulda happened but with what happened, Danica got TAGGED hard.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out next weekend. Not a fan of #2 or #48 but if I had to pick one of the two Id rather see the 2 being someone new win it.

I have to say that Im a big fan of Hendrick Motorsports because I have two different friends that actually work for Hendrick Motorsports in the 48 stables. What I will say about the 24 - 15 saga from today is the 15 did nothing wrong today but race for position with a ill handeling car all race. The 15 didnt come up into the 24 if anything the 24 came down into the 15. Gordon got frustrated and then black flagged so he thought screw it, hes in third, Johnson is points back now because of slamming the wall so he took him out figuring Napcar probably wouldnt penalize him because hes the wonder boy of Napcar. Not the actions of a Champion for sure. Very unprofessional and lack of class on Jeffs part (which I'm sure will be handled appropriately on Monday morning) as Rick H doesnt stand for those kind of on track incidents.

The 15 crew on the other hand showed total lack professionalism and class as well. You dont sneak a driver period especially during the race. If you wanna meet in the motor home area and slug it out have at it but not at the track. If you watched any of the entire drama, Michael Waltrip was there trying to pull people back and get his driver under control. It was just bad judgement on both crews parts that left emotions and reacted without thinking it out first. Horrible that all those children watching the race today had to witness that. I do however hope that Boyer takes ahold of Gordon tonight in the hauler area though lol.

In regards to Danica Patrick, she has however actually had a decent year in the Cup Series. For her first year I feel shes done super on the limited schedule shes ran. She did nothing today that four other drivers did. She of all people has a right to be pissed more then anyone as they should have thrown the yellow when she got out of shape with two to go. Had they thrown a caution I doubt that last wreck woulda happened but with what happened, Danica got TAGGED hard.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out next weekend. Not a fan of #2 or #48 but if I had to pick one of the two Id rather see the 2 being someone new win it.

So you have not watch very many race's this year have you?, so what Gordon did today has come from season's of hard racing between him and Bowyer, do you remember what Bowyer did at Martinsville's?, I am not taking sides here, but Gordon should of waited tell after the race.

What the crews did, sure that was over the line, but its expected, Bowyer still had a shot at winning the championship, and Gordon took that chance away, I dont blame the the #15 team for being pissed off, you would be too if you were a crew member, this not the first time crew members have gotten involved, and wont be last

I do see the #15 team being penalized this week, I am never looked forward tell Tuesday

Edited by martinfan5

I thought there was a lockout of the hoclkey teams this season, did they all take jobs as NASCAR crew members? :D

It should be interesting as to how NASCAR handles the incident. One cannot predict what they will do because they are so inconsistent with rules enforcement. If they were to be fair, both drivers and teams would be suspended from racing next weekend as they both were wrong for what they did.

I was hoping to see someone different win the championship, mainly so NASCAR could have a story to talk about a new winner, this year. Then Jimmie goes on a run and almost seals his 6th championship until that blown tire yesterday, giving Bad Brad a big point lead heading into the last race. I think it would be great to see Brad win his first and Roger Penske's first, not to mention one for Dodge as they are exiting the series this year. What I couldn't figure out was Brad's profanity-laced tirade after the race in the press room, what was that all about? It was as if he was part of the Bowyer/Gordon incident and he had some real anger to express. I understand and agree that what happened was uncalled for but his foul mouthed rant was unnecessary, IMO.

There will be some real drama next weekend in Florida, and the networks will be hyping it for all they can in an effort to get viewers. Like a car accident on the highway I won't be able to turn my eyes away from it but will probably not stare too long!

Don't like BK, but don't want HMS and JJ to get #6.

So guess pull for Dodge.

Glad Toyota is out of it.

BTW BK is a good driver but couldn't hold a candle to the "Intimidator", not even in the same league.

Just a from different age and class of drivers that have nothing in common with the drivers of the past.

lol wow didant know there would be this many replies ... im not saying any thing bout gordos part but for boyer he shoulda knocked the piss outa gordo... i lived 20 minutes away from where clint grew up in kansas .. we have met a few times and im 100% with boyer and what desitions he desides to make...

as to Danica, two things, first , sitting high in turn four it looked like she made the decision to go down the front straight on fire instead of into the pits for a shot of fire extinguisher, her choice. Second, it all happened too fast for a NASCAR call.Oh, Ooops , third, several older women sitting behind me ask: what the deal was with Danica and were told " She aint never gonna win. The good ol boys wont let her."

Not defending Gordon or his choice of when to do it but Clint got what he had coming. Been building up for a while and If it weren't Gordon it would have been someone else sooner or later.

He said himself he didn't need to pass Gordon that he (Boyer) was just out there riding around. So it was just another example of him showing his butt!(which he does quite often)

BTW, would not be so quick to write Gordon off VS Boyer.