Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Cougar saved

PistonDog

I received this Cougar about 15 years ago. As for the before pics, I don't have any. Imagine it was shot in a nice bubbly yellow with 10 coats of gloss black on top of that. There were air bubbles throughout the paint. I stripped the paint with Easy Off in the summer (July-ish). From this past Friday until tonight I think I made some progress. This was the first time i tried to wire an engine. I still have to foil, detail and do final assembly. Thanks for looking.

100_1110.jpg

Here are a few engine bay shots

100_1095-1.jpg

100_1097.jpg

100_1098.jpg

Interior Shots (flocked, but needs some spots touched up)

100_1106.jpg

100_1105.jpg

Undercarriage

100_1107.jpg

Body

100_1101.jpg

Thanks for looking, feed back welcome. I still have a lot of work to do to save this ford.

Jimmy

I suggest in the future not to flock the whole interior, texture contrasts almost always look more interesting to the eyes.

I have to agree with Blunc here. You're paint-detailing skills are exceptional and very cleanly done, (love your firewall)! Use that same talent when painting your interior and i think the results will be much better than a coat of flocking! Nice save on this Cougar; its looking good!

Just to update, my 8 year old daughter asked if she could flock the interior. So I let her. She likes to build with me sometimes. I would have only flocked the carpet, but if this gets a new young builder into the hobby...so be it (with a fuscia interior).

Jimmy