Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri Peterbilt 378 Project W/ Frehauf latbed

Hey guys, this is the start to my Pete 378, first of all I am aware the kit does NOT come with a Caterpillar motor, but I did not have adequate colors for a Detroit, and well, after all it is the modeling world, and creativity, and improvisions never hurt, right? Anyways, here are a few pics of the chassis and motor. The goal with this truck is to make an oversized load hauler, which I will be giving to my girlfriend. A little new to semi's so please bare with me :) thanks, Kyle

post-10393-0-34766200-1352779669_thumb.j

post-10393-0-15534300-1352779684_thumb.j

post-10393-0-28762400-1352779700_thumb.j

post-10393-0-15930600-1352779717_thumb.j

Detroitopillar, Catroit or Drummins and even a Pactroit - these are what power most of my Italeri Petes. I build too many of them to buy resin engines for them (I'd need plenty!).

Your's looks good so far.

Tim

Tim does get creative...and you have to as well, as you did

Nice job so far, Kurt

cool....i need to get back on my 377!....im putting a CAT (Caterpillar values the relationships we build with our suppliers and will work with suppliers who wish to publicize their relationship with us. However, because of the volume of suppliers we do business with and in an effort to treat all suppliers fairly while protecting the Caterpillar name, we've developed and follow fairly stringent guidelines. We request cooperation from suppliers in adhering to these guidelines.) in my 377!