1955 JIM REED'S CHEVY

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I work with the son of one of the Fisher Brothers who sponsered Jim Reed car. I had a few photos of the car, and did the best I could. I had to fill the grove down the rear quarters where there was suposed to be chrome. I changed the wheels, wired and plumbed the engine. I left the back seat inb, and didn't put in a roll bar, because that is how the car looked in the pictures. I think that is the way chevy sent the car, and then it would have been modified before it was raced. The car is suposed to have a b pillar. That is over my head. I did make some decals for the first time. This is actualy the first model I have made in decades. Let me know what you think.post-10801-0-87987400-1352920601_thumb.jpost-10801-0-71302500-1352920638_thumb.jpost-10801-0-19173200-1352920765_thumb.jpost-10801-0-64441500-1352920805_thumb.j

Posted

I think you did a good job, especially if it's your first build in awhile! Your decals look good too!

Posted

For the first one in decades? Great job. It's really cool you have a personal connection with this car, those are the most satisfying builds. Let's see some more soon!

Posted

Great Looking build. Love them old boys going at it models.

Posted

Well done, great model.