1955 JIM REED'S CHEVY

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I work with the son of one of the Fisher Brothers who sponsered Jim Reed car. I had a few photos of the car, and did the best I could. I had to fill the grove down the rear quarters where there was suposed to be chrome. I changed the wheels, wired and plumbed the engine. I left the back seat inb, and didn't put in a roll bar, because that is how the car looked in the pictures. I think that is the way chevy sent the car, and then it would have been modified before it was raced. The car is suposed to have a b pillar. That is over my head. I did make some decals for the first time. This is actualy the first model I have made in decades. Let me know what you think.post-10801-0-87987400-1352920601_thumb.jpost-10801-0-71302500-1352920638_thumb.jpost-10801-0-19173200-1352920765_thumb.jpost-10801-0-64441500-1352920805_thumb.j

Posted · Report post

I think you did a good job, especially if it's your first build in awhile! Your decals look good too!

Posted · Report post

For the first one in decades? Great job. It's really cool you have a personal connection with this car, those are the most satisfying builds. Let's see some more soon!

Posted · Report post

Great Looking build. Love them old boys going at it models.

Posted · Report post

Well done, great model.