Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Willys Gassers

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

These are the diecast Yat Mings that I stripped down and re-did and detailed. I hadn't seen these 41's for sale anywhere in years untill a couple weeks ago. I snagged up one for 35 at a Flea Market. I'm thinking about doing it up like these this Winter.

post-7811-0-34111500-1352954215_thumb.jp

post-7811-0-04920400-1352954293_thumb.jp

post-7811-0-76197500-1352954350_thumb.jp

Posted · Report post

Willys are prob my favorite Hot Rods. Anyone have any they can post? I'd like to check them out.

post-7811-0-19391000-1352954815_thumb.jp

post-7811-0-22711700-1352954878_thumb.jp

post-7811-0-64173300-1352954952_thumb.jp

post-7811-0-83818300-1352955062_thumb.jp

Posted · Report post

Very nice

Posted (edited) · Report post

Wow- that is nice. I have been into the Willys since my Dad drove one home one day in 1961 when I was 5 years old. He sold it to our neighbor a few weeks after he got it for 400 or 600 bucks! That was alot of cash in 61. The neighbor had it painted gloss black. He brought it home right after it got painted. It had a great shine to it so naturally I had to write my name with my finger on the fresh paint about 5 times. I got in deep trouble over that. I remember my Dad saying it had an Olds engine in it.

I checked out your photos- your build kills mine!. I made the silver one after I saw a Willys pickup in a Hot Rod Deluxe mag. I don't know if you've ever seen it but man it is nice. It had a brake lever that was hooked up to the brake pedal so he could apply the brakes with his hand or foot. It had the blue windows too.

I hadn't seen the 1/18 diecast for sale anywhere ( I don't look on line) for about 10 years. I found one a couple months ago at a flea market and snagged it up instantly. I guess those are getting rare. I plan on doing it up eventually.

I'm just SE of Columbus near Canal Winchester. I've probably been thru your town- I used to drive big trucks. I've been all over Ohio many many times.

Edited by Fender

Posted · Report post

Thanks Richard.

I think I have eight of these Willys stashed away for future builds,lol. I'm thinking of converting one to a pickup.

Here is a repaint, Plum Crazy from a few years ago.

Rol41willPlumCrazLF-vi.jpg

And one with the chrome removed.

DSC02176-vi.jpg

Tom

Posted · Report post

hi tom...what car did you get the engine and rear rims / tires from?

Posted · Report post

I think those are the rims that came with it- looks like he re-worked them.

Posted · Report post

The last two cars have the original wheels and engines.

The first car I posted has an engine from a GMP dragster as well as the rear wheels. The front wheels are also GMP from a vintage sprint car.

AzTom

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here is a few photos of one of the Yat-ming piece I Customized a few years back. It is actually a pretty decent piece for the price.

41Willys2.jpg

41Willys7.jpg

41Willys10.jpg

Edited by Drag Monster

Posted · Report post

Nice, I like the grill opened up.

Posted · Report post

Very nice, Great color. I have 1 Yat Ming Willys in the box- never removed. I'm thinking I may not see another one for a long time. I almost don't want to remove it from the box.!.

Posted · Report post

Willys are prob my favorite Hot Rods. Anyone have any they can post? I'd like to check them out.

Here are a few in 1/43 scale diecast and white metal.

post-12601-0-34502900-1381748434_thumb.jpost-12601-0-56282700-1381748452_thumb.j

Posted · Report post

Nice 1/43 Willys. I see some Universal Hobbies cars in that group.

I think I have most of UH editions and several extras to do some customizing on. There was a guy at the Toledo OH show that sold 1/43 decals for these but I lost his contact and never got any.

Need to find some

Posted · Report post

Nice 1/43 Willys. I see some Universal Hobbies cars in that group.

I think I have most of UH editions and several extras to do some customizing on. There was a guy at the Toledo OH show that sold 1/43 decals for these but I lost his contact and never got any.

Need to find some

Tom, I'm lookin' to "loosen my load" and sell my doubles. I am selling the UH red-white-blue "2D" car (no box), the red one behind it (K.S.Pittman) in white metal and the UH rose/pink Willys. PM me If you are interested. BTW I'd love to get in touch with that guy that has the 1/43 decals.

post-12601-0-01474600-1381919729_thumb.jpost-12601-0-22336000-1381919808_thumb.j