Model Cars Magazine Forum

Audi R8

Mauricio Meyer

• 4 months later...

i know this is an old thread but i searched R8 on the forum. I was wondering how you got the black lines in the creases of the doors and panels. looks too clean and precise for a wash or even brushwork. is it some kind of pen?

Hi Sam! i deepened the panel lines using an scriber, then black wash, and polished the excess.

That is a nice build. I like the color.

I just saw one of these on the road a while back. We were next to each other in heavy traffic. It's a beautiful car in person. The one I saw was silver. That same day I saw this kit in Hobby Lobby. I got something else that day, but still need to pick this one up.

Was the kit a pretty smooth build?

Edited by dmk

That is a nice build. I like the color.

I just saw one of these on the road a while back. We were next to each other in heavy traffic. It's a beautiful car in person. The one I saw was silver. That same day I saw this kit in Hobby Lobby. I got something else that day, but still need to pick this one up.

Was the kit a pretty smooth build?

The kit has a problem when you put together the body and the chasis. Ia had to trim the back wheel arches that are attached to the chasis in order to achieve a nice fit.

TOLVA3.jpg

Everything else is great, te interiors had very very nice details.

INTERIORESCOMPLETOS1.jpg

INTERIORESCOMPLETOS3.jpg

Very nice, is it all box stock or did you use and after market detail sets?

Hi Fred,

The extras in this model are:

-scratch bulit the disc brakes (didn't like the kit's discs)

-scratch front lights (they where solid, so i removed and replaced with transparent sprue, sanded and polished)

-Flocking

-Carbon fiber decals for the side panels.

I thinj thats all; no photoetched set used. Thanks for your comment Fred, and everybody else!!!