Model Cars Magazine Forum

AUTO CAR CONCRET TRUCK

If u have ever been is south west Louisiana u may have seen thease trucks up and down the road ..this is a replica of a local co. in Lake Charles Louisiana..( Dunham Price Inc.) back in the early 80s.this started with the amt autocar and the kenworth mixer kit...the truck is completed wired and plumbed..i add magazines in the cab..water hose,,rubber chute straps..i open the fuel and water tanks..weather it with foquil mud -dust and real concret wash...the paint was gave to me by the co. and the decals (rub ons ) were shrunk down to 1/25 scale by the local co. that did the 1 to 1 truck....

Love it! Dad drove an old Diamod Reo mixer in the late 70's early 80's Had the old white cab with the little windows, not the "family cab"

Nice job David I haven't seen your name pop up in many years glad your still building. Your one of the guys that got me me inspired into building more detailed truck models.

Vince Putt.

glad i helped u to build more detailed trucks..

• 3 weeks later...

Dave nice work on both your Autocars they look very real. I'm currently working on one now that's going to be a Center Point Engery ......... Truck. Is there anything that I will need to look out for on the Autocar.

Dan...i built them back in the 80s and as far as i can remember no...but then at my age i've began to forget a little..lol..i see u are from Houston ..did u know Darell Porch..?