Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

That MPC Dodge Omni Charger is actually a pretty nicely done kit. I have a few of them, different versions.

I was just checking it out, aside from some flash and the seats being really narrow, I think it will look pretty good completed . Now If someone made GLHS decals, it'd be perfect.

I don't have pictures to post yet, because I'm still waiting to receive the following EBAY scores that I made this week. I got all of them for either bargain or very, very reasonable prices.

All of these fit very nicely into my 1950's cars build mission, and we don't see these built up very often, if at all, on this Forum or at shows.

1955 Buick Century diecast by Maisto in 1/26 scale. It is the old Highway Patrol TV show car that Broderick Crawford drove, but I will obviously redo it "my way".

1954 Dodge resin kit in 1/25 scale. I don't yet know the mfgr. of this kit, which comes with the Pace Car decals, but, again I will obviously do it up "my way".

1951 Studebaker Commander by Johnny Lightning in 1/24 scale. I will also redo this one.

1959 Chrysler New Yorker Johan Promo in 1/25 scale. Ditto for this one too for "my way".

My "TO DO PILE" just keeps on growing.

I just bought the "Foose" '67 Charger and I think there are some parts from the kit that will end up on my '70 Cuda...like the wheels/tires and interior pieces. Pro-touring FTW! I'm just gonna have to find a way to make the rear wheels a bit more "dished" since they are all the same depth and with skinny-ass tires.

Today, the Revell '32 Ford 5-window 2'n 1 Special Edition...50% off with coupon at Michael's, so it was $13.00 + tax. Also, made a bulk purchase a week or two ago at Model Empire...needless to say, I am set on Goodyear Polyglas GT tires for muscle cars for quite some time. Got a 5% discount on that purchase.

Looks good from a few feet away. Plans - maybe a new transmission since it pops out of reverse; disk brakes on the front; rain cap for the exhaust; headliner; either fix the present seats or get new ones; front tires; and on and on. I took the back seat out already in preparation for a shelf. I also removed the glass tint on the windshield. I didn't think any states allowed windshield tinting.

Got the kit and paint at Hobby Lobby today. Had this kit at least twice in years past but hopefully I can do a better job with it now. Also got the paint you see. The mailman brought me the BMF and the PE wire wheels with tires for my Lago Talbot which was on hold. Now if I can figure out how to assemble them and finish them. : )

gottoday001_zps82f111af.jpg

gottoday002_zps5f6955ce.jpg

Printed off 2 more 50% off coupons for Michaels And got a new Xacto knife and some more clear coat. Then went back to the Hobby town USA store closing sale and got 3 cans of paint for the 1/12 scale 57 Hardtop kit im waiting to show up along with some thinner and little applicators for paint or glue, everything was 25% off. Then went to Hobby Lobby and picked up another Flex-a-file sanding set and a Tamiya weathering kit, both for 40% off.

I can sadly say that im done stocking up on everything but PE Seat belt buckles and clear coat for awhile! lol

Monday i have another 9 model kits showing up.........i have went from 17 unbuilt to 50+ in less than 2 weeks!!

11019452555_afe039c58f_c.jpg
Untitled by jrherald420, on Flickr

Got the kit and paint at Hobby Lobby today. Had this kit at least twice in years past but hopefully I can do a better job with it now. Also got the paint you see. The mailman brought me the BMF and the PE wire wheels with tires for my Lago Talbot which was on hold. Now if I can figure out how to assemble them and finish them. : )

gottoday001_zps82f111af.jpg

gottoday002_zps5f6955ce.jpg

I love the Model Master "Nassau Blue". I've painted a couple of cars with it, and it layed down really nice.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...