Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I got the 5C, Rob. Would happen to know about an app that makes it real easy to copy pics from a PC to an iphone? Somebody told the name but I can't remember it.

Hmm..don't know of one...I take pics w/ my phones and directly upload to Fotki or Facebook.. don't think I've copied any from the iPhone to my Macs or my Windows laptops.

My biggest issue, honestly, is that in order to download music I have to buy iTunes credits. With a regular android I just download the right app and BAM, free music. :lol:

I use iTunes to organize all my music on my iPod and also stream through Google Play...never put any music on my phones, though.

Edited by Rob Hall

Hmm..don't know of one...I take pics w/ my phones and directly upload to Fotki or Facebook.. don't think I've copied any from the iPhone to my Macs or my Windows laptops.

I use iTunes to organize all my music on my iPod and also stream through Google Play...never put any music on my phones, though.

Neither do I , I put everything on a SD card :lol:

Went to Hobby Lobby and got some clear coat, Tamiya white primer (both 40% off) and a can of clearance enamal spray paint. Then went to Hobbytown USA and got some BMF, 2 packs of chrome rotors, a mixing jar and some Tamiya clear yellow paint all for 30% off and got the new Model Cars mag and Fine Scale Modeler for 15% off. Then stopped at Michaels and picked up a ACR Viper kit and another can of clear coat and used a 50% coupon for both. Maybe spent 50.00 total.

I got the '90 mustang cop car model. I've been out of the game a LOOOOONG time and needed one that would be sentimental to me. My father in law was a sheriff deputy and I thought I'd build it for him. My only question would be where would I get decals made because he didn't work for the chp as the decals in the box say.

You bet. I love to support local shops but i have a very small budget to buy and build with, got to strech the pennies where i can. It also makes the wife happy, after all she is the only one working, im a stay at home dad still.

Staying home raising your kids is an honorable job. Thank You for doing this.

Went to the Milwaukee Miniature Motors show with the intention of only buying maybe parts and tires, but ended up finding the "Mad Max" V-8 Interceptor(open box, parts bagged, missing tires...but I already have from a previous kit) and got a Pontiac parts bag from Casey. Also met Dr. Kerry and Ken Boyer(Kennyboy) from here on the forum.IMG_3715_zps93ef8705.jpg

Edited by The70judgeman

Hey Andy, kool kit there.

I managed to pick up a Ferrari FXX with photo etch today, along with a L.A.P.D. Camaro, two bike kits, and I have a Ferrari Testa rossa 250 on hold with the guy I got the FXX from.

Pretty stoked on the Ferrari kits!!!! Especially with what I paid for them...... ;)^_^:)

I got the Brabham fan car by Fujimi, The real car was raced once and won it was then banned immediately never to race again. A huge fan on the rear sucked all the air out from under the car. The engine was 3.0 liter flat twelve Alfa Romeo. I got it from MS Hobbies. If anybody is looking for F1 or sports car kits,decals and detailing items the service at MS Hobbies is the best I have ever dealt with.

20_20130208_094435IMG720540.jpg

1978-bt-46-fan-car.jpg

Edited by 935k3

I got the Brabham fan car by Fujimi, The real car was raced once and won it was then banned immediately never to race again. A huge fan on the rear sucked all the air out from under the car. The engine was 3.0 liter flat twelve Alfa Romeo. I got it from MS Hobbies. If anybody is looking for F1 or sports car kits,decals and detailing items the service at MS Hobbies is the best I have ever dealt with.

20_20130208_094435IMG720540.jpg

1978-bt-46-fan-car.jpg

Never nice to PO the Ferrari Team owners, is it?

I hope what's on box is what's in box. I got "had" by a seller who did that. Should be a cool kit to build. Lowrider?

i saw that one, i just knew it was the basic SEL. God no going to make it a proper Lorinser Benz with 20" staggered ET11 LO's

t4pZgP7.jpg

Edited by Lownslow

I got the Brabham fan car by Fujimi, The real car was raced once and won it was then banned immediately never to race again. A huge fan on the rear sucked all the air out from under the car.

They could have saved a lot on R&D and development had they talked to Jim Hall prior to building that Car. He could have provided the list of things they were going to get protested for from 8 years before.

Nice idea for the SEC. May i ask what kit the Lorinser wheels are from?

i was going to take the stock SEC LOs then put a barrel on them its good enough for stock, my SECs wheels will be a full custom made set, dont see many of these built so i probbly wont be casting the wheels.

Edited by Lownslow

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...