Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I just won an auction on eBay for a "massive lot of over 90 model cars". My wife's freakin' out. A little.

At least I don't go to the bars...

Dale

Sounds like what my father used to tell my mother.

"I don't gamble, don't really drink, don't chase women, so this is my vice," as he brought home a hobby shop's worth of model airplanes.

Charlie Larkin

Edited by charlie8575

I just won an auction on eBay for a "massive lot of over 90 model cars". My wife's freakin' out. A little.

At least I don't go to the bars...

Dale

A man has to have something...

Sounds like what my father used to tell my mother.

"I don't gamble, don't really drink, don't chase women, so this is my vice," as he brought home a hobby shop's worth of model airplanes.

Charlie Larkin

I have to agree with your dad Charlie...

" I done give up drinkin', I give up bars, think I'll just build model cars..." A play on the words to the song Uneasy Rider '88" by Charlie Daniels.

Dale

Great song, the first version too.

Bought some old plastic the past week. I swore I wouldn't buy any old kits again. Oh well.

9804D5DA-6702-45D1-A6D1-4C30AA5E6EC2.jpg

C9EE7B44-D11F-46B9-94A0-B882B067F550.jpg

F40AB7AA-1495-4E41-AFBD-AAFF08175DD1.jpg

Edited by Greg Cullinan

I stopped by a local collectibles shop today. He mainly deals in books, coins, paper currency, comics, etc etc but occasionally he'll buy up a bunch of models from folks that are looking to unload collections. A couple years back he had 100+ airplane and armour kits in. I was checking up on his automotive brochures (which I collect) when I happened to notice in one of his display cases a few promos. I asked to look at a couple and we got to talking and turns out he just purchased a lot of 80 or so GM promos from the late 70s through to late 90s! He dug out the boxes as he had limited display space and I rifled through and picked out these two duallies. I had no idea that the 97-98 Chev pickup dash was ever offered in scale! There are a couple other promos I'd like to pick up when I have some extra money again. :)

DSC_3797.JPG

DSC_3798.JPG

DSC_3799.JPG

Didn't end up getting any brochures today...

I had no idea that the 97-98 Chev pickup dash was ever offered in Scale!

The snap fast Dually from AMT Ertl has the new style dash in it if you were looking for one for a build and did not want to destroy the promo. The one that is maroon on the box. I am not sure if the street machine version also has the new dash but I would imagine so since they are the same tooling.

The snap fast Dually from AMT Ertl has the new style dash in it if you were looking for one for a build and did not want to destroy the promo. The one that is maroon on the box. I am not sure if the street machine version also has the new dash but I would imagine so since they are the same tooling.

I have one of those snap kits, actually, and it has the 95-96 dash in it. The 97-98 dash has a passenger side airbag where the 95-96 dash has a shelf with cup holders. That being said, the dash is actually incorrect as the 3500 never had passenger airbags until the GMT800 body change; the dash was the same as the 1500 trucks but with a cubby in place of the airbag. I'll be thinking long and hard about using the 97 promo for parts as the cab and interior are what I need to make a replica of my 1:1 98 K1500 GMC. :)

Went to two local hobby shops.first one was getting rid of alclad paints. I paid $5 for the 4oz black and 2.99 each for chrome and brushed aluminum. I also picked up two kits. The viper kit was $4 and the barracuda was $5. Went to the other shop and bought two paint stands and 2 wired distributors and some sheet styrene

20140308_114736.jpg

Edited by dwayne4385

found these on the local craigslist,

photo_zps8f27b8e6.jpg

photo_zps7307aa65.jpg

photo_zps3d551dc5.jpg

photo_zpse8099b62.jpg

mack, astro, cali-hauler and reo are un- started/complete. the movin on kit is complete, but has a bad paint job [in the pond] and somewhat assembled motor. IH is a train wreck, but salvable I think. ford p/u was part of the package, still in bags inside.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...