Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

If you've never built that Pocher 1/8 F40 I think you'll be disappointed.If it's the same kit as Testor reboxed for sale over here it's full of compromises(says "design economies taken" on the instruction sheet).Easily stripped screw mounts and mismatched paint are just two of the faults I encountered.By far the biggest disappointment in a kit I've ever experienced.Sell it if you get the chance-let someone else fret over it's assembly.

Tony, I know exactly what I am starting ;-) The prestige series of Pocher ar big diecast models, I agree with you on that. But even if you build them box-stock, they are very nice.

However, If you think outside the box and enhance the parts where Pocher shorted, one can build a very nice, museum-like, model. And that is my plan.

Even the Pocher Classics are basically snap and screw together kits, but fill the screw hole, glue the plastic and it can be made very nice.

Co; I didn't know you were there too! You should've said something buddy. Were you there all weekend or just one of the days?

If you can; get rid of that '69 Daytona as fast as you can; it is horrible by any standard. And get instead a Revell Monogram Daytona, they fit a whole lot better.

Erik, i were there at sunday, i did nt know you were there also, lol, but the next time, i will.

Well about the Daytona, i will make something out of it, I ve build some whorse.

My wife dropped me off to browse through my LHS while she went to have a prescription filled at our Target Pharmacy, and I picked up this...

1957CADILLACKIT1024x752_zps52bf4a4c.jpg

Since several members here commented that this will build up to a nice looking model if given some attention and TLC, I figured that I would give it a shot sometime down the road for my "Class of '57" builds.

Then, when I arrived back home I found that my friendly mailman delivered an EBAY purchase that I made.

I scored an Original, Unbuilt, Unpainted, 1959 Edsel kit. The box was in rough shape with some water damage, and the decal sheet is all yellowed, but everything is there except for one metal axle and the chassis, which I can get from Modelhaus. The glass will need some polishing but that is no big deal. This cool score is GREAT for my "Class of '59" builds.

1959EDSELKIT11024x734_zpsb27c39ee.jpg

1959EDSELKIT21024x753_zpse1b242d5.jpg

1959EDSELKIT31024x762_zps1b66cb5b.jpg

Edited by Ramfins59

Went to Hobby Lobby on a supply run and a new airbrush followed me home :D .

Please let us know how you like it!

Dropped in on the Libertyville, IL Hobby Lobby today and picked up the one thing I needed most: a magnifying viewer. Plus some music wire to try and see if I can re-spoke some wire wheels, or lose the rest of my marbles trying.

If anyone here is in the area, they had one of the '78 Ford 4x4s that just came out, and two sets of AMT M&H slicks (but no other tires). The clearance section had some Meyers Manx buggies for $13.19, Revell '48 Ford coupes for $15.39, Double Dragsters for $14.99, and three or four of the AMT Diamond Reo semis for $22.19.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

I got the two latest issues of Model Cars Magazine! January issue 183 and Feb/March issue 184. I got their last copy of the January issue and it has a big dent in the edge of the spine... might as well had it mailed to me! :rolleyes:

I read some of 183 but haven't gotten to 184 yet. Guess I have some reading to do. What gets me? Check out the cartoon page. The character says in the first frame, "I'm not taking any chances this year. For last year's NNL East, I built a dynamite custom rod and somehow it was broken before judging!" Thanks for the mention BUT an NNL isn't a contest, there is no judging! Argh! You think Model Cars would know that!

Edited by Tom Geiger

My score from the show today in Anniston, AL

The 2 semi kits in the bottom left are a Sealed Revell of Germany Ferrari kit and a open but sealed Italeri Subaru World Rally Team kit. The WRX is a Tamiya car included in the kit.

The bottom Right is a Tamiya 1/12 Renult.

13344203133_10fa8b14b7_c.jpg
DSCN0004 by jrherald420, on Flickr
13344203593_d817928d1e_c.jpg
DSCN0003 by jrherald420, on Flickr
Edited by jrherald420

My score from the show today in Anniston, AL

The 2 semi kits in the bottom left are a Sealed Revell of Germany Ferrari kit and a open but sealed Italeri Subaru World Rally Team kit. The WRX is a Tamiya car included in the kit.

The bottom Right is a Tamiya 1/12 Renult.

13344203133_10fa8b14b7_c.jpg
DSCN0004 by jrherald420, on Flickr

13344203593_d817928d1e_c.jpg
DSCN0003 by jrherald420, on Flickr

Good score James...

Thanks. I was excited to get it all. I even got a Super Detail kit for a Tamiya Porsche 911 GT1 from Scale motor sport for a whopping 30.00. Its sexy! lol

Here are a couple better pictures of the Semi kits

13350877064_50ed4df880_c.jpg
DSCN0005 by jrherald420, on Flickr
13350636463_ea6848c254_c.jpg
DSCN0006 by jrherald420, on Flickr
And this big boy!
13350648493_12a8b43011_c.jpg
DSCN0020 by jrherald420, on Flickr

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...