Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Last Saturday I picked up some kits: a Tamiya Toyota Soarer and Nissan Skyline,a Revell 2013 Boss Mustang and '62 Corvette Gasser,the Moebius '56 Chrysler B300,a Heller Renault 5(le Car) Turbo rally car.I also bought three MCG photoetch sets,and some Alclad dark aluminum and Hot Metal violet paints.And for buying all of that,Jon at the Model Cave gave me a T-shirt.

It was actually on Saturday, but we brought this home:

b5592983_3.jpg

Who says you can't make deals at used car lots? I think we made off pretty good! Got them to throw in a new set of all season tires and a hitch! B)

Sharp Chris and looks brand new....

Sharp Chris and looks brand new....

It is actually a 2011 and has 118k kms on it now (about 73k miles). But it is fully loaded and has much, much more room than our trade in (a Pontiac G3). It is amazing how much space you lose when toting a baby around! :blink:

two big boxes of assorted model car parts kits (45-50) missing a few pieces in some and broken roof posts in others but i found a real gem totally perfect johan heavenly hearse that made me happy also johan ambulance missing chrome, and a johan 66 caddy hardtop not sure if its all there yet. also a nice package from disabled modeler :)

vince

Edited by vintagedragcrazy

Drooling over those Jo-Han Hearse kits. Actually had several of them at one time but never built them. Well, my addiction begins anew as I have ordered the Minicraft 1/16 th MG TC and Tamiya's 1/24th scale Mini Cooper from Tower Hobby. Now to take on the "Pavlovian" mindset: start drooling in anticipation everytime I see a UPS truck :lol:

Edited by mikevillena

It is actually a 2011 and has 118k kms on it now (about 73k miles). But it is fully loaded and has much, much more room than our trade in (a Pontiac G3). It is amazing how much space you lose when toting a baby around! :blink:

I've had three Chrysler mini vans. All were good soldiers. The one we have now is a 1996 that we bought new and now have 186,000 on it. So yours is barely broken in.

You did great Chris. I can see how you need the room. I was in your shoes 10 years ago....

More Lexota goodness from Hong Kong yesterday...

13879903875_a5db829940_b.jpgIMG_20140415_131338_758 by niteowl7710, on Flickr

Then went out tonight to a function at the wife's job, and since I'm Daddy Day Care Mon-Fri, and work myself on Sat & Sun, I took the opportunity out of the house and temporarily free of toddlers to swing through the LHS to replenish my Semi-Gloss Black, get some silver base for some Mica colors I have, and pick up the only thing Revell has done (or will do up through June) that I wanted to acquire.

13904543765_568f8337c4_b.jpgIMG_20140416_190608_392 by niteowl7710, on Flickr

A Wen-Mac Spirit of America toy. I just won it on eBay. It's missing the vertical fin, but that's OK. It's not for collector value, it going to get rebuilt and maybe have a little detail added.

Here's a photo of one with fin:

4715833_2Z913EDGK.jpg

I found a site that has repro vintage toy parts, including the fin that's missing from the SoA that I got. Cool!

Edited by LDO

Something that caught my eye on eBay, and I guess since it was Palm Sunday, the first day of fishing season in many places, and the first genuinely nice day most of the East Coast has had in 6 months or so no one was around to bid on it...except me - stuck at work. So snagged for the opening bid...1986 issuing, everything sealed up inside.

13913275485_02902862b7_b.jpgIMG_20140417_132507_857 by niteowl7710, on Flickr

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...