Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked up a can of Testors Purple-Licious lacquer to go with that Challenger kit, now I just have to find more accurate rims (the kit comes with "Cragars", the 1/1 came with "Torque Thrusts"), a T-Handle shifter, and maybe the newer style wheel.

Joe, if you've got a Monogram/Revell Shelby GT 350R collecting dust there's a nice set in it or R&M of Maryland makes a nice Resin set, Item # R-26

Minty '63 Raysoncraft Ski-Drag boat, period built with trailer. Very complete, needs cleanup, paint correction and reassembly. Packed in bags, bubble wrapped, and cheap. Mr. Tim Boyd hasn't cornered all of these :D but I've now got enough for 2 with and 2 without sponsons, including a new-in-box one from my wife.

Every time I look at Tim's boat Fotki, I get cranked up. Someone should restore/reverse-engineer this hull, far nicer than Hemi-Hydro IMO, uses tons of bits from the Hull Raiser (itself a nice boat). Thanks for the great builds all these years.

I picked up the photoetch set before I bought it so that I could convince myself I had to have the kit, but I have yet to pick up the carbon fiber set. I don't know if I will but chances are pretty good that I will.

Tamiya model magazine has a good guide to assemble the laferrari. Wish I read it before hooking into mine. Cheers.

Ben

Got a stock '70 Super Bee off the Bay in yesterday. It's an older issue (box says 1993), and I was very surprised at the quality of the moulds! No flash anywhere, and awesomely crisp detail compared to more recent versions of this kit I have! Is it normal for the moulds to degrade so quickly (from 1993 to roughly 2005 or so when I picked up a pro street version that was nearly all flash and muddy detail at best)?

Got me these nice rims from ebay, I think I will use them on my Tamiya Aston Martin DBS. Would love to build something really sinister!!!

Those do look nice! How do you attach rims like that, though?

I hate you Danno. Hope you enjoyed Portillo's.

Aw c'mon, Jim! I can't help it. They built two of 'em here and I just gotta patronize them, or all we'll have left is Der Weinerschnitzel!

{Yes, I did enjoy it. :wub: }

PS: They ship all around the country, you know! An order of your very own is just a click away! B)

PS: They ship all around the country, you know! An order of your very own is just a click away! B)

I found a place online that will fly you a meal from "In-N-Out Burger" overnight and cook it for you when it arrives.Needless to say it cost a lot to eat an In-N-Out burger east of the Mississippi.

Edited by Austin T

They charge about $73.00 to ship a pound of beef to FLA. Too expensive. I have to go to Illinois in July so I might try to get 5 pounds frozen and bring it home as checked baggage. Frozen liquid still counts as a liquid and can't bring it on board.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...