Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

While on a recent holiday to New York, I took the advice of some fellow forum members and visited a couple of hobby stores while I was in the city. This is what I managed to bring home with me:

073_zps9ced0962.jpg

The Dodge Charger, the Ford Thunderbird, the Diecast trailer and the Diecast Ford Crown Victoria were all purchased from the Red Caboose while the Ford Mustang,49 Mercury Wagon, Ford Explorer, Mayers Manx, campus friends set and the garage set were bought from Jans Hobbies.(The Mercury wagon was bought because my wife likes it!!)

Once again, I would like to say a big thanks to all who originally helped me find these stores, the only problem I had was not being able to bring back more!!

Great shopping trip Mark!!!

Imported kits from china and Japan usually have some funny misspellings that are lost in translation. For example my Aoshima Aventador has areas i'm recommended to paint "Flat Brack". :lol: So terrible to see that on an Asian kit.

Carl, i have got some good deals on some kits, you do enough 'surfing' you can score some deals. the LA recovery kit was listed as 'used, like new' on amazon, so i took a gamble. roughly an $85 kit for $29, i had to chance it. box was re-taped, but all the bags inside were still sealed! i figure someone bought it, opened it, thought oh man, this isn't for me, and sent it back. my wife was even proud of me for my savy shopping skills, lol.

Imported kits from china and Japan usually have some funny misspellings that are lost in translation. For example my Aoshima Aventador has areas i'm recommended to paint "Flat Brack". :lol: So terrible to see that on an Asian kit.

this is an International site www

just sayin'

Edited by Belugawrx

just sayin'

I understand, I'm not new to the internet. What I posted is pure fact printed plain as day on the side of the model box. If you want to be all butt hurt about a mistake a company accidentally made that could be mistaken as slightly racy feel free to. If it's seen as a problem by many people I'll delete it,but I highly doubt that something that insignificant would offend people especially with some of the other things that have been posted here in the past.

I understand, I'm not new to the internet. What I posted is pure fact printed plain as day on the side of the model box. If you want to be all butt hurt about a mistake a company accidentally made that could be mistaken as slightly racy feel free to. If it's seen as a problem by many people I'll delete it,but I highly doubt that something that insignificant would offend people especially with some of the other things that have been posted here in the past.

I find it very funny, or should I say.......verrry frunny.

A new "voice" for the Ram. Engineered by Mufflex to, hopefully, bolt right in. All stainless steel Magnaflow muffler, SS extension pipes welded on, SS hangers, and SS clamps. From end to end is the size of the muffler that is on the truck now. Just the new muffler is 14", then the extension pipes to make up the difference.

post-9116-0-64795600-1401518256_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-02400600-1401568425_thumb.jp

Edited by The70judgeman

Mike Villena!! May I humbly bend your ear about how to solder that brass together the way you did? This is really the direction in model building that I want to go towards.

Hi David. I used to scratchbuild brass slotcar chassis so I was reasonably competent. I used an Ungar 900 degree element with a large chisel tip and Stay-Brite Silver Solder with liquid flux. The key is cleanliness; make sure to prep the joint, use flux and just a quick and deft touch of the high temp soldering iron. I always try to use as little solder as possible. The high temp soldering element heats up the joint very quickly to the necessary melting point of silver solder.

Edited by mikevillena

Carl, i have got some good deals on some kits, you do enough 'surfing' you can score some deals. the LA recovery kit was listed as 'used, like new' on amazon, so i took a gamble. roughly an $85 kit for $29, i had to chance it. box was re-taped, but all the bags inside were still sealed! i figure someone bought it, opened it, thought oh man, this isn't for me, and sent it back. my wife was even proud of me for my savy shopping skills, lol.

I am going to start checking amazon for kits also. I have found out of production paint cheap on amazon not long ago..

i think it is hilarious

just sayin'

Yes it is. But I will state at this point that I myself have a BA in Spanish and I speak two other foreign languages at a high level of proficiency in addition to my native English. That makes four languages for the mental pigmy who's counting on his toes. Poking good natured fun at language screw ups is one way the intense language student keeps his/her sanity. We all do it and we've all had others poke fun at our language screw ups and had a lot of fun at our expense. Given the decades I've invested in foreign language study, I righteously feel that I have more than earned the privilege of poking a little fun at someone giving directions on "winker" painting. Really, laughing about it is the only real way to handle it. If one takes offense, the language efforts come to an abrupt halt.

I'm just saying.

Yesterday at the Goodguys car show/swap meet I bought a factory sealed Revell 1960 Impala coupe and a Lindberg Dodge "Little Red Wagon" for $10.00 each. The Impala will be converted to an El Camino and the Dodge will be a donor kit for Jimmy Flintstone's resin Dodge van body.

Good for you! Congratulations.

Whereabouts?

In the thriving metropolis of Greeley, Co.

Myhouse_01_zps6bf53f40.jpg

Built the same year my Father was born, and they're both still in good shape. 1928 must have been a good year.

Edited by Shardik

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...