Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got this Flintstone resin body that is for the Revell Thunderbolt kit. Body arrived in poor condition. Windshield post broken and roof bent way to one side. No problem fixing the post and a little work with some warm water got the body back into good enough shape to build. I think. : )

thuerboltnd001_zps36fb5aeb.jpg

I saw that one Geoff......thought about it ....then lost out ha ha

Luckily I refreshed the page I was on, and it had just been listed, didn't even think about it and pressed the "buy it now" button, just had it delivered this morning, all there and in great condition

I do recall a new cat somewhere along the way. :lol: Steve

And a toilet seat, a ladder, a new job interview, etc. We have an Off-Topic section for stuff like that now, a section which didn't exist when Casey created this post. Yesterday, a member decided to ignite the Chevy vs. Ford vs. Mopar debate, so sometimes it's helpful to post a reminder of why the topic was originally posted, and what the O.P. was wanting to discuss. Yes, 1:1 auto related stuff is allowed in Gen Disc, but first and foremost this is Model Cars Magazine forum, and given the O.P.'s intent, I don't think such a refocusing is out of line in any way.

Wow! The answer to a question nobody asked. This thread was just fine the way it was.

Moderate: to guide a discussion or direct a meeting that involves a group of people

Gregg has entrusted me with the ability to make those decisions on behalf of the forum and the membership here as a whole. If you feel you can do better, please, contact Gregg and Harry to volunteer. People are always saying they could do things better, but very few are willing to give up their time to back up their words. I'd love to see someone else volunteer to moderate and have been waiting for months for such a change, but as far as I know nobody has been wiling to step up.

Wow! The answer to a question nobody asked. This thread was just fine the way it was.

And a toilet seat, a ladder, a new job interview, etc. We have an Off-Topic section for stuff like that now, a section which didn't exist when Casey created this post. Yesterday, a member decided to ignite the Chevy vs. Ford vs. Mopar debate, so sometimes it's helpful to post a reminder of why the topic was originally posted, and what the O.P. was wanting to discuss. Yes, 1:1 auto related stuff is allowed in Gen Disc, but first and foremost this is Model Cars Magazine forum, and given the O.P.'s intent, I don't think such a refocusing is out of line in any way.

Moderate: to guide a discussion or direct a meeting that involves a group of people

Gregg has entrusted me with the ability to make those decisions on behalf of the forum and the membership here as a whole. If you feel you can do better, please, contact Gregg and Harry to volunteer. People are always saying they could do things better, but very few are willing to give up their time to back up their words. I'd love to see someone else volunteer to moderate and have been waiting for months for such a change, but as far as I know nobody has been wiling to step up.

Wow! I make a simple factual comment and I get this tirade? The same one you post every time anyone makes a comment or a suggestion?

It seems that the original poster, Casey G83 hasn't posted since Sept 2012, so you aren't really worried about him. This thread has somehow endured since 2007, 617 pages and 12,340 posts and nobody seemed to be upset in any way. If it's not broke, it doesn't need fixing! And using your logic, someone should start a thread called "What did you get today?" in the Off Topic Lounge? Wouldn't that be redundant?

And per your comment about volunteering in the hobby, I do my share and put in hundred of hours per year on my own projects to benefit the hobby. And I do that very well. Only stands to reason I'd do this very well too.

Is this thread model related or anything in general?

If it is model related thread, then lets stick to that. If it is wide open, then why was I told once that I am not supposed to post non model related items? I have stuck to that and have not posted non model related items. Otherwise I have some really nice groceries I got today that I can start posting tonight!!

So Casey G83 has not posted here in a while, does that mean it is now a free for all on this thread?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...