Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

OK, so maybe not today, but the last couple of weeks...

20150508_221351.jpg

Unbuilt. Some tyre burn on the bed. No custom wheels. A perfect builder.

20150508_221441.jpg

Also unbuilt. It feels almost sacred to handle.

20150508_221221.jpg

Those two were a couple of if not outright glue bombs, so at least brush paint bombs. Luckily it all washed out. :D

IMG_20150512_090128.jpg

20150509_100001.jpg

I managed to get the glass out from the Caddy and it's reusable in separate front, and rear pieces. The windshield of the Olds is a bit deformed by glue but I was lucky to get double windows in an unbuilt kit that i bought earlier. Sometimes you're lucky... ;)

Lucked into the Accurate Miniatures Corvette Grand Sport on eBay UK for a very good price. I've heard tell that it's one of the nicest car kits out there, so I'm looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!

bestest,

M.

There are also several detail up parts for those accurate miniatures Corvette kit. There is a separate oil cooler and lines to replace the molded in one available (Replicas and miniatures of Maryland maybe?). There is a photo etch detail up set that I believe is made by the model car garage as well. the model car garage also makes a resin four speed transmission with a shift linkage and shifter out of photoetch. One of the nicest small block Chevy's ever tooled in those kits. Lots of neat parts to super detail those Grand Sport Corvettes depending on how crazy you want to get.

I had delivered today from the USA with the help of jb welda a new resin Baja Bug Transkit manufactured by Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland.

1_zps7pqhijtf.jpg

They suggest the Tamiya VW Beetle kit as donor, that I haven't got. I have a Revel VW Beetle but it may not be as good a fit quality. But I will check tomorrow!

Edited by PatW

$_57.JPG

I found a big box from Spotlight Hobbies on my front porch! I won the two pieces here in his eBay auctions this week. Shipped lightning fast too. I only paid for them Sunday evening! The Ford truck above is a model built by Carl Rees. He's well, he just sold his collection to Spotlight a while ago. It's a very nice build and I was surprised to win it fairly cheap. I may keep this one for my shelf!

$_57.JPG

A Danbury Mint Chrysler. Darn heavy thing too! I always wanted this one, so when I saw it ending for $30, I had to have it. It doesn't have a box, but I'm happy to have it for my shelf.

$_57.JPG

I found a big box from Spotlight Hobbies on my front porch! I won the two pieces here in his eBay auctions this week. Shipped lightning fast too. I only paid for them Sunday evening! The Ford truck above is a model built by Carl Rees. He's well, he just sold his collection to Spotlight a while ago. It's a very nice build and I was surprised to win it fairly cheap. I may keep this one for my shelf!

$_57.JPG

A Danbury Mint Chrysler. Darn heavy thing too! I always wanted this one, so when I saw it ending for $30, I had to have it. It doesn't have a box, but I'm happy to have it for my shelf.

mine weighed in around 4lbs

I had delivered today from the USA with the help of jb welda a new resin Baja Bug Transkit manufactured by Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland.

1_zps7pqhijtf.jpg

They suggest the Tamiya VW Beetle kit as donor, that I haven't got. I have a Revel VW Beetle but it may not be as good a fit quality. But I will check tomorrow!

The revell is 1/24 unless youre talking about the older ones which are 1/24

1_zps7pqhijtf.jpg

That place in Maryland doesn't have a website. Do you or anyone else know how I can contact them? I want one of those baja bugs.

That place in Maryland doesn't have a website. Do you or anyone else know how I can contact them? I want one of those baja bugs.

See the Aftermarket Directory in the Resin/Aftermarket section.

My irresponsible spending spree continues unbridled (I'm selling a bunch too). Once again, none of it cheap, but I'm in a what-the-heck-you-only-live-once frame of mind and more are on the way.

(To ease my consumerist conscience, I am donating 30c per model $ spent to my favourite charities, The Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders. And no, I'm not rich and only slightly crazy.)

This one is a favourite and in near perfect condition, sealed inside...

2fd7ba65-f028-4656-a158-75bec8318427_zps

This one has some interesting extra bits thrown in that weren't mentioned in the auction - eg. a 4-cylinder engine and dog-dish caps. On the other hand the body has a slightly messy clear-coat that also wasn't mentioned, but I'm very pleased with it...

9c639b4a-7474-4887-82d8-63b02ae9d433_zps

I wonder if I'll ever build this - I would actually love to see one WITHOUT massive rear rubber and a blower sticking out of a hole

in the hood. Meanwhile I'll enjoy it for its beautifully done box - I have a 77 Monza and a Pacer from the same series.

145ab035-0341-4651-8e81-10bef55124e0_zps

Side view...

267a5ccd-9234-4454-a087-00bd3f4296ac_zps

I bought this empty box to house the built kit I bought 25 years ago...

171aa261-4920-4260-99f2-80a39bddae76_zps

This was relatively cheap and will ease the restoration of a heavily painted built kit I bought last year.

f6b6c105-7614-459a-8e79-17cb3925c12c_zps

And some paint.

5944b1af-aa65-4445-9fb8-f9117b8ca960_zps

I should really start building again.

Edited by peekay

My irresponsible spending spree continues unbridled (I'm selling a bunch too). Once again, none of it cheap, but I'm in a what-the-heck-you-only-live-once frame of mind and more are on the way.

(To ease my consumerist conscience, I am donating 30c per model $ spent to my favourite charities, The Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders. And no, I'm not rich and only slightly crazy.)

This one is a favourite and in near perfect condition, sealed inside...

2fd7ba65-f028-4656-a158-75bec8318427_zps

This one has some interesting extra bits thrown in that weren't mentioned in the auction - eg. a 4-cylinder engine and dog-dish caps. On the other hand the body has a slightly messy clear-coat that also wasn't mentioned, but I'm very pleased with it...

9c639b4a-7474-4887-82d8-63b02ae9d433_zps

I wonder if I'll ever build this - I would actually love to see one WITHOUT massive rear rubber and a blower sticking out of a hole

in the hood. Meanwhile I'll enjoy it for its beautifully done box - I have a 77 Monza and a Pacer from the same series.

b228d4ac-b5d8-4d66-81eb-44fe78af087e_zps

Side view...

267a5ccd-9234-4454-a087-00bd3f4296ac_zps

I bought this empty box to house the built kit I bought 25 years ago...

171aa261-4920-4260-99f2-80a39bddae76_zps

This was relatively cheap and will ease the restoration of a heavily painted built kit I bought last year.

f6b6c105-7614-459a-8e79-17cb3925c12c_zps

And some paint.

5944b1af-aa65-4445-9fb8-f9117b8ca960_zps

I should really start building again.

nice, which I had a place around here that had stuff like that!

(To ease my consumerist conscience, I am donating 30c per model $ spent to my favourite charities, The Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders....

You don't need to rationalize your addiction for our sake, PK.

Hoy Tom, nice haul from the show..I haven't opened my bags yet...nicw to meet you at the show..

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Finally sitting down after several weeks of non-stop running like a crazy man! Here's what I brought back from GSL in Salt Lake City. They have a very small swap meet on Saturday morning for a few hours. While shopping, one needs to be mindful that they need to get everything into their suitcases for the plane ride home!

IMG_2066-vi.jpg

I have an original kit or two, didn't have any of the reissue. People may not know that the original kit was modeled after Don Emmon's 1:1 vehicle. Since Don was at GSL, I was hoping to get him to sign the box, but I never got the combination of box, pen and Don together.

IMG_2067-vi.jpg

One of my all time favorite kits. I have a bunch of these but of course needed another. I'm using this chassis on a lot of my current builds. It's sealed but the box got dented in my checked suitcase. No worries since I have several clean boxes at home.

The two models above were $10 each or I wouldn't have carried them all the way home!

IMG_2064-vi.jpg

Grabbed this one at the GSL Auction, didn't pay a whole lot. I like the box art and the kit is complete in bags inside the box.

IMG_2062-vi.jpg

GSL had a nice seminar on 3D printing by a panel of guys who actually are doing this today. They gave away small samples and here's mine. Although difficult to see in the translucent white, the detail on this figure is incredible. for size comparison, the base is the size of a quarter.

IMG_2067-vi.jpg

On Sunday after GSL we pointed the rental car south, and wound up in American Fork, Utah. We managed to drive up very high on a mountain, and take in the view. But we stopped at a Holiday gas/convenience store that sold Sinclair gas. I spied these on clearance, so I grabbed one. They are 1/12 scale pedal cars. Just a neat little display box.

IMG_2068-vi.jpg

I also bought a bunch of Revell / Monogram box art cars at the GSL Auction. I will post those soon.

A buddy of mine called me and said he was selling his house and getting out of the hobby, so he wanted to give me his stash. What a good friend. These pictures are only a portion of them all and all are 100% complete. I'll have to buy some more Purple Power. I love restoring these things.

Al

Edited by Porscheman

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...