Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Since I'm at sea I haven't actually recieved anything but I just put in an order from Model Roundup for a Monagram 40 Ford convertable (my Dads first car), a 41 Plymouth, a 54 Hudson, and 2 cans of testers rootbeer lacquer and 2 cans of fiery orange lacquer for a ford van project I plan to start when I get home. Last month I ordered 3 of the AMT Phantom vans to go with the one I already have. I am going to extend two of them to make 2 standard wheelbase vans like I had when I was younger. I also ordered flocking and some photo-etch detail parts. I'll make one more big order next month for all the new stuff moebius is coming out with and it will be like christmas when I get home. Of course I've never tried lacquer on a model before so I guess I should start researching what primers to use. and if anybody has a lead on an early 80's style ford van grill in resin it would be appreciated.

Two shipments.

From AITM , a Dodge to pull the Revell auto transporter I got the other day, A 50 ton winch and a set of big wheels for the B-7000, some gladhands.

From Scenes Unlimited, steelies & winter tires for the jeep. My 1:1 had those, my models has chrome wheels & trackers. Clutches, flywheels etc for the dio and a Reese hitch for the Dodge dually.

IMG_2286.jpg

Since I'm at sea I haven't actually recieved anything but I just put in an order from Model Roundup for a Monagram 40 Ford convertable (my Dads first car), a 41 Plymouth, a 54 Hudson, and 2 cans of testers rootbeer lacquer and 2 cans of fiery orange lacquer for a ford van project I plan to start when I get home. Last month I ordered 3 of the AMT Phantom vans to go with the one I already have. I am going to extend two of them to make 2 standard wheelbase vans like I had when I was younger. I also ordered flocking and some photo-etch detail parts. I'll make one more big order next month for all the new stuff moebius is coming out with and it will be like christmas when I get home. Of course I've never tried lacquer on a model before so I guess I should start researching what primers to use. and if anybody has a lead on an early 80's style ford van grill in resin it would be appreciated.

http://www.modelsbydave.com/

He makes the 1979-1982 grille in resin. I have two of them and both are excellent pieces. All you need to turn it into a 1983-1991 grille is to add the Ford oval in the middle. It's not listed on his website so just email him directly. He also goes by "cargostar" on this forum.

016.jpg

Got this today. Little tool for cutting tube and rod (also aluminium),a decent saw,cotton swabs from Tamiya.

One 67 Plymouth Fury promo,64 Oldsmobile and 71 Pontiac Firebird. Also rechromed 61 Cadillac bumpers.

NO5BgAa.jpg

Acu Stion full detail set with PE, vacuformed windshield and turned intake stacks

65orFA2.jpg

And my favorite, a paint shaker. With torn tendons and ligaments in my shoulder, I can't really shake bottles well anymore

XsCmiM0.jpg

That Porsche kit is pretty costly and hard to find. I have that shaker too, it's a nice addition! Also where did you get the detail stuff for the Honda?

That Porsche kit is pretty costly and hard to find. I have that shaker too, it's a nice addition! Also where did you get the detail stuff for the Honda?

I saw the Porsche kit on ebay and offered a little under the asking price and he accepted right away. I paid $250 which is double what they used to go for, but the last one that sold on Ebay went for $400. I am very happy with the purchase.

The detail parts I got from HLJ.com. They have a ton of stuff, I like to just type in the model kit I have in their search window and see what pops up. Acu Stion is nice stuff.

I also have a super detail kit from Acu Stion for my Hasegawa 250 TR with turned wheels, windshiels, stacks etc.

and last night I ordered a ton of stuff from BNA in Australia, including a super hard to find E.Jan (MFH) White metal transkit for my Tamiya Lotus Type 79. metal tub, tons of metal parts, turned wheels, etc.

I only get to splurge about once a year and I am thoroughly enjoying it while it lasts. Instead of buying a bunch of Revell and Tamiya kits this time, I went for super detail sets and supplies.

Here are some pics of my Porsche kit in case anyone is wondering what is so great about it.

It was a collaboration between Scale Motorsport and Tamiya in 2001. Limited production, long sold out, nearly impossible to find. Box is open, but everything else is still sealed.

IMDLtKC.jpg?1

rHxMnRz.jpg?1

811vBar.jpg?1

E2IykfM.jpg?1

Tons of PE and a CD full of reference photos

GEsJIsJ.jpg?1

Big spender today - a buck seventy-five:

post-12159-0-83920500-1434159993_thumb.j

Been watching these for months and finally got 'em. They're the custom wheelcovers from the old Monogram '55 Chevy kit, which just happen to be near-perfect copies of '61 Ford units in 1/24 scale - so I can use them on my 1/24 Hubley '61 Country Sedan and they won't be undersize.

Big spender today - a buck seventy-five:

attachicon.gif61 ford wheelcovers.JPG

Been watching these for months and finally got 'em. They're the custom wheelcovers from the old Monogram '55 Chevy kit, which just happen to be near-perfect copies of '61 Ford units in 1/24 scale - so I can use them on my 1/24 Hubley '61 Country Sedan and they won't be undersize.

Is it just me or do those look just like the Monogram '58 T-Bird wheel covers?

They're 1/24th scale as well.

Steve

DSCN4240_zpsqyuleyhc.jpg

I've gotten so much stuff since the last time I posted in this thread that I'd probably break it...so instead here's the goodies from the most recent HLJ shipment and a Belkits Skoda I picked up off eBay. Not shown several GT3 & Carbon Fiber decal sheets, and the P/E Detail Up Set for the Tamiya 300SL

18770183461_cd163f36ef_b.jpgDSC02231 by James Duff, on Flickr

Edited by niteowl7710

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...