Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Went on an Amazon "Police Hunt" yesterday and bought...

1: Roscoe's Hazzard Cty. Police Cruiser

2: '57 Ford Custom Police Cruiser

3: AMT Ford Interceptor Police Cruiser

Also went on eBay and picked up police decals I needed.

Now I gotta source out the correct Dark Blue and Battleship Gray for the colors of Virginia State Police and my itch to do up some vintage cop cars will finally be scratched....

VAVirginiaStatePolice1986Chevy-vi.jpg

virginia-vi.jpg

Edited by Drake69

Man you did get a deal! I've been meaning to get some more wheel packs but 10 plus shipping makes it hard to stockpile.

Not really a deal, you can buy those sets from Hobby Search for $5 US each , it would a be deal if it was $25 shipped :lol:

Different box art for the white ones

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10061949

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10195649

Edited by martinfan5

Well, it was payday. That meant going up to Bangor to spend money.

At Hobby Lobby, got the MPC Dodge Dart and WWII Jeep and AMT's Ohio George Ranchero for $14 a pop. Also got the AMT Corvair and Crew Chief Blazer at regular price, along with a Testor's diecast trailer kit. All in, $121.26. Well, I earned it... I might as well spend it on some nice stuff.

Got the Modelhaus '61 Cadillac Series 62 coupe kit in the mail today...love the fins and skegs look. I was worried about it sitting in a box outside triple digit temps for up to 8 hrs, but other than being a bit warm it seems fine, not warped..

Well, it was payday. That meant going up to Bangor to spend money.

At Hobby Lobby, got the MPC Dodge Dart and WWII Jeep and AMT's Ohio George Ranchero for $14 a pop. Also got the AMT Corvair and Crew Chief Blazer at regular price, along with a Testor's diecast trailer kit. All in, $121.26. Well, I earned it... I might as well spend it on some nice stuff.

You didn't have one of their 40% off coupons to use on a kit?

Would've saved, what? $10 or $15? It is money, but right now it isn't that important.

as my father would've said, "Son you worked what, 1-2 hours to earn that money? When you spend money, always remember how many hours it took you to earn it." :) He cursed me. I still do it to this day!

There are grown men on the boards that brag that they brought their wife and two toddlers to Hobby Lobby to use four coupons!

While on vacation, I got the AMT Polyglas GT tires at the Hobby Lobby in Paducah, KY - with the coupon, natch. (Every other HL I've been to only has slicks for some reason.) I'll see how they look on my '64 Malibu, but they might be a bit anachronistic with the Radir wheels...

In honor of my birthday tomorrow my wife took me to Hobby Lobby today ( they are closed on Sunday ) and bought me this stuff. Maybe the light with magnifier will help me with my paint detailing. If not then I just suck ! : )

gottoday001_zpsee8cea04.jpg

I have the exact same magnifier.

I don't know what I'd do without it now!

I do everything under that thing!!

I think you'll be surprised how much it helps with almost everything!

Steve

Haven't been on here for a long time.

Was in Hobby Lobby in Glendale the other day and they had the Ed Roth 57 Chevy clearanced. First model I have bought in about a year after selling most of my stash.

Been wanting that one since it is the old kit with opening doors and trunk. Built it as a kid late 60's, always wanted to try it again. My wife has taken over my modelling area though so it might be a while.

Russ

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...