Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I've already built one of these when they were first launched some years ago, there are a few bits missing so I can source those from my 'bits' or scratchbuild them.............

Volvo 850 TWR.jpg

Here I am with my camera, taking time off from my race marshall duties at the launch of this car on the 22nd March 1994...

The first estate car to be used in the British Touring Car Championship!

Works Volvo 850 with the late Tom Walkinshaw.jpg

Edited by PatW

Is that Tom Walkinshaw Pat?

Yes Shay, unfortunately the now the late Tom Walkinshaw. He later to the above date became a major shareholder in the Holden plant in Australia and continued to support the works Holden V8 Supercar team. His TWR operation in the UK went bang and he moved to OZ. One of his son's now runs the race team in OZ. 

Got organized and ready for building this fall and winter. I had to move my spray booth and cleanup to fit in my new paint rack. BTW that is the nutty but entertaining Ancient Aliens on TV.

Dscf7039.jpg

Dscf7049.jpg

Edited by 935k3

The history of the Volkswagen T1 transporter is legendary. Dutch importer Ben Pon member Britsh Military sketched the Box Type Van which could be built on the Beetle chassis 

From 1950 in Between Volkswagen now placed their Transporter T1 which was internally called the Type 2 as the Beetle  was known as the Type 1 

From 1950 unti it's successor the T2 came in 1967 some 1.8 million of the T1 rolled off the line 

image.jpg

The number plate (53) might be a hint on it's manufacture.

An addition to the '69 Mustang..................

55c47d8523de8_2_.125_Widebody_69_Mustang

I had a similar kart kit donkey's year's ago with some M Schumacker sat on it.

This kit with a driver is a third dearer.

120_Capeta_Kart.jpeg

And these will go on the mustang as well.................

3.18 inch Halibrand Kidney Bean Six.jpeg

Further to purchasing these transkits, I've won two '69 Mustang kits from ebay USA.............

1 AMT'69 Mustange Mach 1.JPG

Revell 85-6687.jpg

The C1 bodykiy is for the Revell version.

Edited by PatW

Pretty much the last of my real "Holy Grail" kits, I picked up this unbuilt '67 Galaxie kit on ebay for a pretty decent price.

The kit is totally unstarted & complete, minus a few custom & racing parts.

It's in A-1 condition & being as an unbuilt '67 Galaxie kit in this shape can run well over $300.00, I think I did pretty well getting this one for half that.

Steve

photo DSCN4421_zps2vzwdkwz.jpg photo DSCN4422_zpsatihh9od.jpg

Steve:

One of my holy Grails, too.

So, you're the guy who's been bidding-up the price on these kits??? ;-)

I don't spend a lot on buying modern kits & stuff.

Most of my budget goes towards paint & supplies.

That way I can save up to buy the stuff that I really want! :)

When I bid on a kit, I submit one bid.

I bid as much as I'm willing to pay. If someone else gets it, which is most of the time, so be it.

Once in a while I get lucky & wind up getting something for less than I expected to pay.

Steve

Well, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I got the latest promo in the mail today. Another '70 GTO. However, this one is the best one of the 5 I now have. Not a scratch on it and the chrome is perfect. I know in the picture the wheels look like the chrome is faded, but it's just a reflection from the red body. It also came with the original box that shows a little wear, but it's very sturdy for its age.cgmc_vb.thumb.jpg.bb12dd4802031ea03ef090IMAG0478.thumb.jpg.4cb2a69653beb2f412cdd

Pretty much the last of my real "Holy Grail" kits, I picked up this unbuilt '67 Galaxie kit on ebay for a pretty decent price.

It's in A-1 condition & being as an unbuilt '67 Galaxie kit in this shape can run well over $300.00, I think I did pretty well getting this one for half that.

Steve

Steve... Very cool bud....I have a convertible one and a HT but the HT body and glass are toast...bummer.

Well, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I got the latest promo in the mail today. Another '70 GTO. However, this one is the best one of the 5 I now have. Not a scratch on it and the chrome is perfect. I know in the picture the wheels look like the chrome is faded, but it's just a reflection from the red body. It also came with the original box that shows a little wear, but it's very sturdy for its age.cgmc_vb.thumb.jpg.bb12dd4802031ea03ef090IMAG0478.thumb.jpg.4cb2a69653beb2f412cdd

Andy.... Looks just like the one my brother owned other than his had the trunk spoiler and hood tach...beautiful piece bud box is cool too.

Ordered my '75 Gremlin for the build-off.

Happened to go into an antique shop today on a whim. There were some models there, AMT Porsche 9-something racecar, '55 Cameo, normal stuff. Those were all $10.
However, I walked past a row of puzzles, and at the bottom I saw an Airfix logo! 

I walked out with an Airfix Bugatti EB-110, unopened inside but a little water-damaged, for $7. Not bad!

Andy.... Looks just like the one my brother owned other than his had the trunk spoiler and hood tach...beautiful piece bud box is cool too.

Thanks Mark. That's the last '70 GTO I'm going for. It's the best one of the lot and it came with the box which was the bonus for me. Now I can watch for some other Pontiac's and hopefully add to the family.

Steve

Nice score Steve ! My Buddy had one in high school with a straight six , first time I ever adjusted points on my own . It ran well after that , what a surprise. I had no idea they ever made a kit of this car.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...