Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Yesterday the mail man dropped off my latest .

And original issue SMP 1959 Corvette builtup. I ts had the goofy custom stuff glued to it but not real heavily and should clean up without to much effort. Best part it was pretty reasonable all things considered. Bonus was its in its original box .

59Vette.jpg

Kind of went a little bit overboard ordering paint from Tower Hobbies during their free shipping for Black/cyber sales, also purchased the 918, but it was shipped from a different warehouse and not arrived yet.  Really, I just needed to restock my flat black and SGB bottles........

Took advantage of this week's 25% off on models special at Hobby Lobby to pick up a set of AMT wide and narrow whitewalls, and used my 40% off coupon to get an erasing shield - it's photoetched mesh in a circle pattern that's a very close match to grille of the '58 Ford I'm working on:

282814_1%5B6%5D.jpg

The area isn't too large (2 1/4" x 3 3/8") but it was only $3.49 before the discount - handy if you need a small piece.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Not sure that there's many inside the USA that can claim it! :D

Steve

Not many...there odd and many do not like them or snap and curbside kits.  I have never minded if they were or not...at times I prefer them over the others.  Me I love the 60s 4 doors and wagons...not every car on any given street is a top of the line muscle car and its nice to be able to break from them at times....:)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...