Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

WoW!!  even better than I thought!! the Aoshima Lambos are usually in the $50-60 range!! Christmas came early for you!!

They are only that high if you buy them here,  The Aventador is running at $28, the Sesto is $32, the 50thAV Aventador is at $30, the Murcielago LP670-4 SV is $32,  Roadster Aventador is $32 , couple of the Countach's are at $30 , all those prices are at the current exchange rate.

these little gems arrived in the mail today. .    i will be warming up by building  some monogram 427 cobra's  before  i even  think about starting  on these kits.

Three MFH kits!?!  Did you hit the lottery?

Bandit1 - The 1960 annual kit by SMP was a 4 dr sedan, I have a couple restorables around. Real cars were 4drs only until April 1960. There were some 1961 - 1963 4 dr corvair models by Palmer and/or Premier but they are pretty funky looking.

Cool... I will have to find one of the smp ones laying around somewhere unless you can spare one of your other ones and find the 64 parts I need to convert mine...lol

these little gems arrived in the mail today. .    i will be warming up by building  some monogram 427 cobra's  before  i even  think about starting  on these kits.

IMG_0001.JPG

Ooooh nice!!!

That is a good grand CAD in kits sitting there. Very jealous, MFH is awesome stuff

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

I bought a set of metal wheels for 1/12 312T just now.

I was add one set to my watchlist on Ebay days ago but i just can't make myself buy it cause it was really expensive, i with other 20+ watcher waiting for nothing..

Today i finally convinced myself to buy it and when i clicked on my Ebay i found it's gone (what the ****....)

then just a few minutes ago i found a new one on YahooJapan auction with a directly price:wub:

I feel like there's a voice above said 'buuuuuuuuuuuy it' then i buy it:wub:

pic from the seller.

gunpro1as-img400x600-1459846797nxqxjk20797.jpg

Today's haul from the local flea market. Yes, the Hess Training Van is missing the door (like many of them).  But for $10 I can make a door. Then I have to track down an old Toronado/Eldorado kit for a detailed chassis.  And interior parts to make it a stock GMC Motorhome...

Also found a vendor selling #61-80 wire gauge drill indexes. Bought several of those, since the little ones break so easily.

sm-1.JPG

I Dident get anything today been waiting for the postman all day stayed home all day . but he never came boohoo...

im waiting on a Mpc ww2 Jeep . and some tools to get me going in this hobby like a new xacto knife and blades . a Revell precision saw  some putty and glues ... etc.

and i was really hoping my big vintage kit box lot that i bought was going to come today . i bought it blind i know Theres 9 "suposed vintage" kit cars in it and cant wait to see what it is .

so these 10 kits will be the beginning  my modelling start and stash.  i guess tomorrow then ..   

Would love to see these Cobra's built.

will post some progress   pics  when i start.    going to finish  up  some monogram  cobra's first.   the  Model Factory Hiro  kits are not cheap  but worth it for quality  and detail.  i  am not  wealthy  by any means. just  slightly   crazy   about Shelby American Cars.   and  just   plain  crazy

will post some progress   pics  when i start.    going to finish  up  some monogram  cobra's first.   the  Model Factory Hiro  kits are not cheap  but worth it for quality  and detail.  i  am not  wealthy  by any means. just  slightly   crazy   about Shelby American Cars.   and  just   plain  crazy

I have no problem with you spending a bit more for a QUALITY kit like that on a subject you love...people waste more on booze, drugs, wine and dine. 

Model purchases are a solid one in my view, frivolous yes, but a great hobby

Good for you man, that is a sweet haul of awesomeness!!!

The other day my holy grail came in the mail, 1968 Chrysler Hydro Vee boat and motor.  It was missing the trailer, but it is a start.   Built the kit version in 1968.  Today I got a Time Machines '57 Chev Sedan Delivery that I will build as a Jr. Stocker.  :)

I Dident get anything today been waiting for the postman all day stayed home all day . but he never came boohoo...

im waiting on a Mpc ww2 Jeep . and some tools to get me going in this hobby like a new xacto knife and blades . a Revell precision saw  some putty and glues ... etc.

and i was really hoping my big vintage kit box lot that i bought was going to come today . i bought it blind i know Theres 9 "suposed vintage" kit cars in it and cant wait to see what it is .

so these 10 kits will be the beginning  my modelling start and stash.  i guess tomorrow then ..   

I know the feeling John.

I do this all the time.

For the past week, every time I come home for lunch, I look on the front step to see if my 9 jars of MCW paint have arrived.

No luck yet, but I'm sure it will be here soon. ^_^

Steve

I know the feeling John.

I do this all the time.

For the past week, every time I come home for lunch, I look on the front step to see if my 9 jars of MCW paint have arrived.

No luck yet, but I'm sure it will be here soon. ^_^

Steve

yeah i hate waiting . but not much else to do . its funny you can drive straight across this country in about 4 hours . but the postal service takes days ...

i hope you get your paint soon Steve.

Me ? I'm retired ! I'm so poor I can't pay attention !  Well, not that bad but thems be some expensive kits. : )

I know the feeling, Add to that the the discussion that is the End of Many a Kit Purchase - Me "WOW, Look at the Price on That One, Think I'll Get IT!!" Wife "Let's Discuss it First" :blink:;)

Today's haul from the local flea market. Yes, the Hess Training Van is missing the door (like many of them).  But for $10 I can make a door. Then I have to track down an old Toronado/Eldorado kit for a detailed chassis.  And interior parts to make it a stock GMC Motorhome...

Also found a vendor selling #61-80 wire gauge drill indexes. Bought several of those, since the little ones break so easily.

sm-1.JPG

That motorhome is SWEET...!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...