Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Won this 1/43 scale resin Daytona Cobra on ebay. It was listed pretty cheap and I tossed out a bid. A few days later I was notified that I had won. Nobody else even bid ! That doesn't happen very often, at least not to me.

daytona%20cobra%20001_zpse9qw55ht.jpg

That is Very cool!! -Great score!!

Got an awesome box today . a Complete Airbrush system .iwata neo gun.  and 60+ Vallejo colors. and stand for the paints . a airbrush cleaner. and some small containers and funnels for mixing paints . so happy to be joining the airbrush club. the cool thing is I ordered all this yesterday . expensive but had to happen .  even came with a Lollipop ha ha

DSC_2110_zpsxujzsdwk.jpg

DSC_2116_zpsb2kjuphn.jpg

Edited by The Danish sprue wrangler

26130502293_1a35e27ccf_k.jpg20160430_150800 by James Duff, on Flickr

3 Mercs are for my substantial GT3 decal collection, the '05 Toyota Crown Athlete finally completes the "collection" of these twin pair kits that Aoshima has released 5 sets of since 2003. This one had been avoiding me for about 18 months now. Lastly the ICM Opel was on sale last weekend for $13 (yes THIRTEEN) at Squadron. I've had the Convertible version for awhile and I've always thought the steel roofed version had a period hot rod,  or LS powered modern street rod lurking in all that Ukrainian molded German Das Auto.

Edited by niteowl7710

Monthy toy show: Scored a cleanly built, very restorable JoHan Sox & Martin '71 Cuda for $20. For that price, I can use the body, convert it to a '70 using the Revell kit, and use the Revell kit for engine, chassis, and other goodies as needed. Will save me a LOT of time trying to fix all the annoying little flaws in the Revell body. Win-Win!

Also scored a fairly nice 1/24 or 1/25 diecast '68 Z/28 NIB for an amazing $5. I now have first-gen Camaro diecasts in red, orange, yellow, green, and blue. I need a purple one. I think I've seen a Plum (actual '67 Chevy color) '67 convertible diecast, but I passed on it because I didn't care that much for the shape of the body. But now I might have to track one down just to complete my Roy G. Biv rainbow collection of first-gens.

Picked up the new Revell '83 Hurst Olds at Pegasus in Montclair, CA and I asked how they where selling. They told me it is the best selling kit so far this year. They had them on the shelves and a few cases open on the floor. 

I only picked one up, but there where a couple of guys with a few in their hands waiting to check out. 

Looks like this kit is officially a hit! 

Don't have them in my possession yet, but I have 2 '83 Hurst Olds being held for me at Model Empire. I'll see what else they have new and might end up buying more stuff than I intended.

Andy just make sure you take exact money with you. Well just take 200 extra just to be safe. They come down here for the shows and have good stuff on the shelves, nice guys. 

Okay. I finally took the plunge and bought one of my "holy grails". Found on eBay what looks to be a complete, unbuilt, IMC 1/25 Avenger GT-12 kit. As far as seller can tell, and looking at the pictures they posted, there seems to be nothing missing. They had it on a "buy it now" for $44.99, plus $10.99 shipping. So not a bad price. The box looks to be in pretty good shape. Better than the other one that has been showing up on eBay lately.

Some may know, even though I'm not a big Ford guy, I love Ford GTs and GT-40s. The 1/1 Avenger GT-12 was a kit car made by Fiberfab back in the late 60's that looked a lot like a GT-40. Most were on a VW Beetle chassis with VW power. They were also commonly powered be Corvair engines. Fiberfab also made a tube frame version, powered by a V-8. But, from what reasearch I've done, most felt the VW and Corvair engined ones were fast enough. And the V-8 was over kill.

The IMC kit can be built as either as a "stock" VW powered street car. Or a Hemi powered racer car. Unlike other IMC kits, this kit looks like it should not be too hard to put together. And unlike IMC's GT-40s, this kit comes with a one piece body. No opening front and rear decks or doors. The only change I'm considering, is maybe slipping a AMT parts pack Corvair motor into it. Other than that, I plan on building as a street stock version.

Just ordered it today. I hope it looks as good as it did in the photos. If so, another one I can knock off my list of must haves.

What did you get at NNL East?  That you didn't have when you got home?

We had several bags of purchases turned in by vendors.  I mailed two packages today to reunite buyers with their stuff.  We have two more bags that haven't been claimed.  If you lost something, email me at nnleast@aol.com  and describe the contents.  

We also have a fellow who reported a bag missing and it hasn't shown up.  It would be a blue bag with a Honda logo on it.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...