Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

you look at the picture...  right click on "copy image",  go to the message area on your message,  right click on "paste image" and you are done!

I take a look into it sometime in the next week when I have a little spare time. I know I just need to get off my keister and learn to do it. With interest in my Avenger kit, I think the time has come.

Andy just make sure you take exact money with you. Well just take 200 extra just to be safe. They come down here for the shows and have good stuff on the shelves, nice guys. 

I did pick up the two Cutlass kits as well as four 1/64th die-casts. A couple GTO's, a '69 1/2 A12 Roadrunner, and the '62 Dodge D100 P/U with the Shasta Camper. Had to keep my time at the store to a minimum as I stopped there on the way to work.

so today it finally came . the one and only base for my unicorn build  . its a resin body Opel Manta B with a Mattig wide body kit . im building a replica of a movie car from one of my favorite films a german cult car film called Manta manta from 1991 . Opel Manta is my all time favorite car in the WORLD . and im so happy i got this . crooked body (seriously its really badly molded ) but ill straighten it out cuz i.ll need to cut it up anyway .

look at this roof line . ha ha

anyway its something different .there will be a build thread for this when i start

Except for the '11 Camaro I bought at Ollies on the way home,these all came in th email yesterday (th eRX7 came all the way from Japan via Amazon...good timing that it shows over a month before expected delivery date and on the same day as the Mustangs and Camaros,LOL :P )

(and no,that isn't the same AMT '97 Mustang GT kit I had posted earlier,I no whave 3 of em,since I know the few differences between '96/'97/'98 1:1's,I'm going to build each as 1 each of those years ;):)

One of the all time great kits.

Yeah. Only thing that's kept me from building one all these years is, I can't decide if I want to do the round or square headlights.

But I recently got a second one cheap at a flea market. So I can do both!

so today it finally came . the one and only base for my unicorn build  . its a resin body Opel Manta B with a Mattig wide body kit . im building a replica of a movie car from one of my favorite films a german cult car film called Manta manta from 1991 . Opel Manta is my all time favorite car in the WORLD . and im so happy i got this . crooked body (seriously its really badly molded ) but ill straighten it out cuz i.ll need to cut it up anyway .

DSC_0250_zpsp5jerd7w.jpg

DSC_0253_zpsecy0b4so.jpg

look at this roof line . ha ha

DSC_0257_zpsz2ue2amm.jpg

anyway its something different .there will be a build thread for this when i start

that ruckspiegel kit is terrible,scale production version is much better.

that ruckspiegel kit is terrible,scale production version is much better.

yes you are right its pretty bad and dimentions are all wrong . but sadly scale production one is no longer in production . so I'm going to modify this one to hopefully make it right . just like the german modeller  who made the scale production original that they tooled the kit after . I found his build thread so I have a good guide . he also startet with this rûckspiegel body . not much left when he was done tho .  

Flea Market Day, and I scored a big, cheap box of junk.  Read 'em and weep...just like that poor Monogram Indy Racer mechanic, mourning the remains of a PMC '59 Ranchero (along with the loss of his right hand in a pit accident).

This builder must have loved '58 Buicks. He had 3 of them, 2 hardtops and a convert.  One hardtop still has all its trim, and only suffered some customizing with wood putty. Which fortunately tends to dry up with age.  The other 2 Buicks have all the trim removed except for the 1 side spear. The '59 Edsel also has most of its trim intact, except for the EDSEL and CORSAIR badges. Which are available on a photo-etched metal sheet.

Lurking in the back is a '58-'60 Lincoln Continental body, and an original AMT '59 Chevy convert with most of its trim/badges. The rest of the big junk box was full of mostly interior parts and random junk.  And a Monogram Green Hornet decal sheet!  The AMT "Pro Shop" '58 Edsel and REVELL '48 Ford Woody were only $5 each, so I couldn't turn them down.

bods-3.JPG

bods-2.JPG

bods-1.JPG

bods-4.JPG

I went back to a hobby shop yesterday a friend introduced me to a few weeks ago to pick up the 3 Meng F350s I had the owner set back for me, and a few others yelled "TAKE ME, TAKE ME!!!" too! :lol:

Flea Market Day, and I scored a big, cheap box of junk.  Read 'em and weep...just like that poor Monogram Indy Racer mechanic, mourning the remains of a PMC '59 Ranchero (along with the loss of his right hand in a pit accident).

This builder must have loved '58 Buicks. He had 3 of them, 2 hardtops and a convert.  One hardtop still has all its trim, and only suffered some customizing with wood putty. Which fortunately tends to dry up with age.  The other 2 Buicks have all the trim removed except for the 1 side spear. The '59 Edsel also has most of its trim intact, except for the EDSEL and CORSAIR badges. Which are available on a photo-etched metal sheet.

Lurking in the back is a '58-'60 Lincoln Continental body, and an original AMT '59 Chevy convert with most of its trim/badges. The rest of the big junk box was full of mostly interior parts and random junk.  And a Monogram Green Hornet decal sheet!  The AMT "Pro Shop" '58 Edsel and REVELL '48 Ford Woody were only $5 each, so I couldn't turn them down.

bods-3.JPG

bods-2.JPG

bods-1.JPG

bods-4.JPG

Nice finds Mike....Parts boxes are always a good thing one never knows what is hiding in them one might need.

This builder must have loved '58 Buicks. He had 3 of them, 2 hardtops and a convert.  One hardtop still has all its trim, and only suffered some customizing with wood putty. Which fortunately tends to dry up with age.  The other 2 Buicks have all the trim removed except for the 1 side spear.

Are you going to try to build one of the Buicks up? I have a grille/front bumper - needs rechroming and the tab with the screw holes is cut off, but still savable. PM me if you need it.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...