Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Hey Bill, I'm working on that kit now. The front end is pretty fidgety , or at least it was for me.

I built one maybe 45 years back, and I don't remember anything of it. The gluebomb I have is pretty well melted into one solid blob, suspension-wise. Love that ol' tube glue, at least half a tube per model.

If I build this one I'll be lowering it, for sure, because the shots of the real one always look like it sits lower and sleeker than the model does. I DO seem to remember the front track is kinda wide, too. :D

Not much in the box, though it builds up into a nice little model. "Box scale" turns out to be about 1/18 or 1/20. I used to know. I have one of the very first issues, molded in acetate (these are NOT MY MODELS).

1_415f635d-db39-4f31-86f6-47001c713afb_g      smmidget.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                                             MONOGRAM_Midget.JPG       

midget01.jpg

Something I've never seen or even heard of, a 1970 Bonneville that you can buils either as a convertible or an El Camino type pickup. The photo of the kit is in my camera which is in the truck, which is in the parking lot 4 floors below and I'm not going back down tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

OK, I'm back home, here's the photo of the kit.

Went to Michael's on the weekend and picked up a couple of kits using their 50% off coupons to get another

I've got like 3 of these now. Really nice kits. the only issue is the ride height which isnt even really a tough fix on these Mustang kits. 

And one of these

This is going to be used with my Perry's Resin TK for Mark Donahue's '69 Camaro Trans-Am race car. A project for this fall.

David

Well, it is a "car..."

The kind of weird stuff I like to find on eBay.  Saw it 2 weeks ago but it ended before I could make a bid.  Seller re-listed at a lower price, and I got it.

New York City Horse Car from 1832. Running from Prince St. to 14th St. on the New York & Harlem Railroad. Nicely pre-painted body and horses, clear plastic display cover. Cobblestone base with 2 gas lamps.  No figures, but it claims to be "1/30 scale." The same scale as the old HISTOREX figures, and I have a bunch of HISTOREX figures and spare parts.  So maybe I can cobble up a driver and some passengers.

hc-1.JPG

hc-2.JPG

hc-3.JPG

This is a fun E Bay win.....you get a lot of parts and can make a really cool pit display with your current build extra tires engine etc

That exactly what I want sir!:P Another engine just for display; and any parts damaged when the first time can be replaced.:wub:

Well, it is a "car..."

The kind of weird stuff I like to find on eBay.  Saw it 2 weeks ago but it ended before I could make a bid.  Seller re-listed at a lower price, and I got it.

New York City Horse Car from 1832. Running from Prince St. to 14th St. on the New York & Harlem Railroad. Nicely pre-painted body and horses, clear plastic display cover. Cobblestone base with 2 gas lamps.  No figures, but it claims to be "1/30 scale." The same scale as the old HISTOREX figures, and I have a bunch of HISTOREX figures and spare parts.  So maybe I can cobble up a driver and some passengers.

hc-1.JPG

hc-2.JPG

hc-3.JPG

I really like this..great find...

The question for me is why would one want or use pink primer. And I'm not trying to smart ass by asking. I can see a use for white or gray primer. But, what is the reason for pink?

Never had my mitts on the stuff, but the theory is it makes the Corsa Red for Ferrari really pop.

Similar base coat colour allows even, smooth coverage perhaps

I wanna get some and try myself...looking forward to hear where it came from as well

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Never had my mitts on the stuff, but the theory is it makes the Corsa Red for Ferrari really pop.

I wanna get some and try myself...looking forward to hear where it came from as well

bingo, suppose to make bright reds pop, from what I have read Ferrai uses a pink primer under their bright reds.  I ordered some from seal model but it is going to take 2 months to get here. Would like to find a closer source if possible.  Cannot find  anything stateside yet.

bingo, suppose to make bright reds pop, from what I have read Ferrai uses a pink primer under their bright reds.  I ordered some from seal model but it is going to take 2 months to get here. Would like to find a closer source if possible.  Cannot find  anything stateside yet.

That makes sense. I guess when I build 250 GTO I'll have to hunt down a can. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...