Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

From my recent parts trips

3 empty air boxes for the downstairs family room . I picked up for the most part just because I think there cool.

Although I would like to get a 64 Lemans convertible builder for the stash someday.

20160609_184438.jpg

Isn't that a coincidence.

I actually have a '64 Lemans convertible that I bought at an antique shop many years ago.

Under the right conditions, I may be persuaded to let it go. ;)

Steve

Isn't that a coincidence.

I actually have a '64 Lemans convertible that I bought at an antique shop many years ago.

Under the right conditions, I may be persuaded to let it go. ;)

Steve

I told you before ,,,we travel in the same circle . maybe brothers in a former life

Shoot me a pm

Well, this was a stunner. Made a lowball bid and surprisingly won it:

27355926560_46c19245f1_b.jpg

X-El '59 DeSoto. It will be getting the guts and part of the roof from a '57 Chrysler 300 that I put away years ago for just this occasion, becoming a two-door Sportsman hardtop. It'll stay a Fireflite, however, not an Adventurer. Does anyone have a suggestion for a source for an accurate '59 Wedge V8? Or maybe a dual quad 413...

Has anyone here tried such a conversion?

SAM_0658.thumb.JPG.20e14db3614042d6b7a6a

This showed up in my mailbox this week. My dad ran across it, NIB, at a discount store on the east coast, and picked it up for less than $12.  It had been on my wish list, and Amazon currently has them for $55+. The customization possibilities are endless, and I'm really looking forward to getting into this kit.

X-El '59 DeSoto. It will be getting the guts and part of the roof from a '57 Chrysler 300 that I put away years ago for just this occasion, becoming a two-door Sportsman hardtop. It'll stay a Fireflite, however, not an Adventurer. Does anyone have a suggestion for a source for an accurate '59 Wedge V8? Or maybe a dual quad 413...

I started a convertible conversion on this promo many years ago, but kind of gave up on it for lack of an accurate interior.

You could probably use the engine straight from the AMT '58 Plymouth Fury kit.

As far as dual quad early Mopars go, you could see if you could come up with some early '60s Johan engine parts, especially the air cleaners, & I'm sure you could cobble something together.

Steve

43437_Engine_Web.jpg

Now that is cool...:)

Fresh off the plane from Germany.

A couple of diorama photo backdrops from Scale Productions. One pit lane and one street background. As well as their new 918 wheel/brake upgrade set.

I still have to trim up and glue the photo's to the backing boards.

You can see some close ups of this product here http://www.scaleproduction.de/product_info.php?info=p2212_20-21--bbs-wheel-set-p918-spyder--revell-.html if you didn't know about it. Quality is very good, a very tiny bit of clean up will be needed, but no more than a normal injection molded piece.

David

Today I got AMT's Motorcycles & Accessories/Double Dirt Bikes. Pretty cool. I sure it's been brought up before? But, what are these bikes originally models of? What brand of bike? What model and/or displacement?

All in here. I think you had a couple posts in here too but I had to hunt for thread.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/111789-amt-dirt-bike-2-pack/#comment-1601054

Today I got AMT's Motorcycles & Accessories/Double Dirt Bikes. Pretty cool. I sure it's been brought up before? But, what are these bikes originally models of? What brand of bike? What model and/or displacement?

The dirt bike packs are all over ebay but some are giving 39 bucks for one sold buy some vendors on ebay...

The bikes are modeled after Yamaha's DT-1 250 Enduro. Also called a "Trail" 250. The real full-size bike came out in 1968, and is considered by some as one of those landmark motorcycles.

Edited by unclescott58

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...