Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Flea Market find: 1960 Chevrolet Corvair 4 Dr. missing the bumpers and tail lights, not painted or customized. Bought it for $5.00. was White, but Now it is no longer white!!!!!   Front bumper is from a 69 Corvair. 

DSC00980.JPG

Edited by ranma

Flea Market find: 1960 Chevrolet Corvair 4 Dr. missing the bumpers and tail lights, not painted or customized. Bought it for $5.00.

Rick,

That is a wonderful find, as I am a collector of Corvairs.

I have all of the parts to finish mine.

2008_09051960Corvair20020.jpg

It started as an absolute glue-bomb

2008_0818mamameetingaug080027.jpg

which had all of the various accessories glued to it, and large holes bored in it, but it came clean, and I could do the body work. I was able to get the chrome from The Modelhaus a while back, now I have to decide on a color.

This came in the mail yesterday, my very own Transformer!  :lol:

What does it transform into, you ask? :huh: Well, it transforms into this...

...a spray booth for my desk! I got it on Walmart.com, and it comes with the lighting kit and a vent hose kit, and also includes a turntable. It's quite roomy for the compact size, that is the frame for the "BJ & the Bear" custom I'm working on and I also tried it with my 1/16 scale Kenworth. 

Obviously with the Kenworth, it does have some space limitations and trying to get a 53' trailer into it should be a challenge, but it was affordable and I thought since I am just beginning with an airbrush, it would be a great beginning booth. The lighting will also allow it to double as a photo booth until I get better lighting for my model desk. 

Put paper down inside the booth or you will end up with paint on your bench. The sides are not tight fitting. They are nice units, I have one. Search "Portable Paint Booth" and you will find lots of them. There are several companies putting their name on it. Got mine from Amazon.

That looks sweet. If someone wants to  order one who is manufactor and model number?

Greg, if you want to order one, here is a link for the one I bought at walmart.com:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Portable-Hobby-Airbrush-Paint-Spray-Booth-Kit-Exhaust-Filter-LED-Light-Set-Model/44419374

It is supplied and shipped through there by TCP Global Corp, I don't know if that is just a distributor or the manufacturer also, and it is a Master Airbrush brand model # B440DCLK. They also have the same unit without the lighting kit and also another without the exhaust tubing kit. 

Put paper down inside the booth or you will end up with paint on your bench. The sides are not tight fitting. They are nice units, I have one. Search "Portable Paint Booth" and you will find lots of them. There are several companies putting their name on it. Got mine from Amazon.

Thanks for the tip Mike, and I was already thinking about overspray issues, though I was more concerned with getting paint on the lights! :lol: I was thinking of putting some clear tape over the lights as like a "tear off" like they use in NASCAR for the windshield. 

This came in the mail yesterday, my very own Transformer!  :lol:

HPIM48631_zpscpz6gd6r.jpg

What does it transform into, you ask? :huh: Well, it transforms into this...

HPIM48641_zpsta7saqgi.jpg

...a spray booth for my desk! I got it on Walmart.com, and it comes with the lighting kit and a vent hose kit, and also includes a turntable. It's quite roomy for the compact size, that is the frame for the "BJ & the Bear" custom I'm working on and I also tried it with my 1/16 scale Kenworth. 

HPIM48651_zpsabdhezeu.jpg

Obviously with the Kenworth, it does have some space limitations and trying to get a 53' trailer into it should be a challenge, but it was affordable and I thought since I am just beginning with an airbrush, it would be a great beginning booth. The lighting will also allow it to double as a photo booth until I get better lighting for my model desk. 

check to make sure your filter is doubled up. Some of these have an extra filter when shipped. 

Jus' got one of dese wit da 40% coopon at Hobby Lobby. Image result for lindberg 38 ford

Kinda wanted one for a while for the frame. Pretty nice little kit, with coil-over independent front suspension and Corvette leaf-spring IRS. The frame looks like it will be easily modified to fit up under a '32 Ford. Lotsa other good bits in the box too, not the least of which is a nicely proportioned chopped body shell that should be a fairly easy swap on to the old Monogram 1/24 '37 Ford underpinnings, and a generic-ish smallblock Chebby with billet valve covers and a GM automatic molded separately from the engine.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...