Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Gary Who makes the Lusso? Looks cool. 

Model Factory Hiro.  It is a multi-media kit with a resin body and white metal pieces including hood.  They are expensive and really require an experienced modeler who can work with resin and deal with any fitment issues.  The Lusso is a Grail for me, so I popped for, especially with a modest discount.

Last week I found out that I hadn't built in so long that my glue went dry!   It was a busy year.

So I stopped by Hobby Lobby on my way home the other evening and grabbed up a new bottle of the thick CA glue and used my 40% off coupon for a can of Testors Dullcote (my favorite color!).   They had a ton of models, even an entire aisle center display. Nothing was on sale though, all still full priced at around the $30 per kit mark.  Not that I need any more kits!

Michaels is in the adjacent shopping center so I swung through to see what they had, and bought Testors Flat Black using their 40% off coupon.

Some stuff that came in before the end of 2016.

I got this Tamiya 956 for under $20 shipped as it had no box, and the decals were shot.  Perfectly fine I wanted a different livery, and prior to my opening it to inspect it all the bags were sealed

32026946451_92a1903974_k.jpg

In the case of the multiples in each of the next two pictures they are base kits for aftermarket decals I already have purchased.  The two blank white boxes with tiny endcap stickers are AutoColour private label Beemax M3s (Beemax owns AutoColour) that are only available in China.

31996927542_cd117e7153_k.jpg

32026941381_50ebb1c565_k.jpg

Model Factory Hiro.  It is a multi-media kit with a resin body and white metal pieces including hood.  They are expensive and really require an experienced modeler who can work with resin and deal with any fitment issues.  The Lusso is a Grail for me, so I popped for, especially with a modest discount.

Thank you for the info. I will just watch for you to post yours when you build it. 

Gary Who makes the Lusso? Looks cool. 

In the bottom right corner, MFH, Model Factory Hiro from Japan.

Wow that was weird, bottom like 4 replies didnt load up until after I posted a response done 15mins ago.Sorry.

Edited by Jhedir6

Cool stuff. I didn't know MFH had released the Lusso.

Where did you source the Beemax plain label kits? Need one of those, or 3.  

I got mine from HobbyEasy. They're the Warsteiner kit with a decal sheet of the advertised Guia Race of Macau winning car. I don't know of plans to sell the decals individually - which made me debate buying a bunch of each and selling off the decal sheets (since they're packaged in AutoColour hanger sleeves) and use the kits as bases for the plethora of aftermarket liveries that are about to march out.

Picked up a can of Tamiya blue to repaint the SOHC for the '58 Ford, after my attempt to airbrush it with Testors acrylic flopped (when I removed the masking tape the paint peeled off with it, and coverage wasn't great in the first place).

Also picked up the Revell '30 Ford coupe kit from HL in Deerfield for trading material; I did give everyone a heads-up a week ago but no takers, so... They still have two '29s.

Also about 20 minutes after I posted the pictures my package from Art Primo came with all 3 sizes of the Molotow Liquid Chrome Ink Markers.

*Poof* All other methods of replicating chrome are now irrelevant. 

I've been having fun with mine - practicing on trim and emblems, plus they do a great job on worn Hot Wheels mags. Funny thing is the Hobby Lobby over here has a bunch of Molotow paint markers on clearance - but no chrome ones, of course.

I've been having fun with mine - practicing on trim and emblems, plus they do a great job on worn Hot Wheels mags. Funny thing is the Hobby Lobby over here has a bunch of Molotow paint markers on clearance - but no chrome ones, of course.

I am going to have to get a hold of one of those chrome makers to try out....might be just the thing for aged worn bumpers,etc.

It seems like the Liquid Chrome markers are still pretty new.  I'm not sure I know of a brick and mortar store that has them in stock, although some seem to have them orderable online.

I got mine yesterday still haven't tried them yet but I ordered mine right from the art primo company and it only took a little over a week to get them which I didn't think was to bad. They called me on Tuesday or wedensday to check my address cause it had my address and daughters PayPal so that they sent them to the right address and like I said they showed yesterday!

vince

I tested a little bit on the few things I chromed and it seems that excessively touching it - and I mean touching it with a full fingerprint on purpose will dull the sheen, but it seems to "polish" back up just rubbing the oil back off with a cloth.  Also you really have to scrape it with a fingernail to get it completely come back off again, so I don't have many concerns of the durability of the ink or accidentally damaging it with normal care.  Doing assembly with cloth or nitrate gloves should eliminate dulling.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...