Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

That one looks nice..and cool.  So do you need a 63..?

Mark, I can use this 63 for something else at some point. But I want a 62 to convert to a sedan . I have a couple possibilities to get one in the works ,,,,,one an original kit and also a hurt promo

I know there's a resin avail, I just prefer stryene if at all possible

Mark, I can use this 63 for something else at some point. But I want a 62 to convert to a sedan . I have a couple possibilities to get one in the works ,,,,,one an original kit and also a hurt promo

I know there's a resin avail, I just prefer stryene if at all possible

Bill buddy... Is see.  I am a promo nut..love them.  wish I could help you.

32939894233_298f73e2ef_b.jpg

James, That Suzuki Cara reminds me of the Copen (sp?) Definitely an intriguing looking model. It is hard to tell by the view presented in the illustration, if it is in the same size-category as the Copen.

Edited by Bill Eh?
grammar, my bad!

James, That Suzuki Cara reminds me of the Copen (sp?) Definitely an intriguing looking model. It is hard to tell by the view presented in the illustration, if it is in the same size-category as the Copen.

Well if you know your Mid-90s Japanese "A, B, C's" - the three Kei mid-engine Sports Roadsters made by Mazda (AutoZam A1), Honda (Beat), and Suzuki (Cappuccino) then this kit and the car belong to that trio. The AutoZam was actually made by Suzuki for Mazda so the Cara is just their "Badge Engineered" version of the car. It's a "rare" kit insomuch as Aoshima has never reissued it (to the best of my knowledge) and not a lot of people even know it exists in the first place. Their AutoZam kit has 3 variations in 4 boxing's and 3 of the boxings have or will be reissued by the end of April. The Beat & Cappuccino are getting reissued once again in April as well.

The Copen is also a little Kei roadster, but was made between 1997-2007 while the A, B, Cs lived a brief span between 1992-1995. 

Well if you know your Mid-90s Japanese "A, B, C's" - the three Kei mid-engine Sports Roadsters made by Mazda (AutoZam A1), Honda (Beat), and Suzuki (Cappuccino) then this kit and the car belong to that trio. The AutoZam was actually made by Suzuki for Mazda so the Cara is just their "Badge Engineered" version of the car. It's a "rare" kit insomuch as Aoshima has never reissued it (to the best of my knowledge) and not a lot of people even know it exists in the first place. Their AutoZam kit has 3 variations in 4 boxing's and 3 of the boxings have or will be reissued by the end of April. The Beat & Cappuccino are getting reissued once again in April as well.

The Copen is also a little Kei roadster, but was made between 1997-2007 while the A, B, Cs lived a brief span between 1992-1995. 

Thanks James for the background information on the group known as Kei cars. It sounds like you did very well by getting the Cara kit. It will look good beside one or all of the AutoZam A1 kits.

Thanks James for the background information on the group known as Kei cars. It sounds like you did very well by getting the Cara kit. It will look good beside one or all of the AutoZam A1 kits.

The only real difference between the Cara and the AZ-1, both on the 1:1 and the kits is Suzuki put some square fog lamps in the front bumper of their car.

These little cars were a 90s revival of sorts of the 60s era Japanese little sports cars like the Honda S800, Toyota S800, and Datsun Fairlady 311SR. All of which are also available as kits from Fujimi, also Tamiya makes both the Honda S600 & S800. 

Crossing another off the wish list:

32964834114_86e36c0a38_c.jpg

Two (OK, 1 2/3) Aurora Alfa Romeo 2000 Spiders. These have been tough to find, and although they're 1/32 scale tounge2.thumb.gif.41436cf39a4d21b5f7fde9, it's the only game in town for the type except for the Atlas Leo 1/24 diecast. Now to find a cheap '61 Tempest sedan...

Flea market day.  Not many sellers or buyers showed up, probably scared off by the heavy weather warnings. (Thunderstorms, rain, hail etc.).  It was OK while I was there, but I went very early.

Found a cheap AMT #6686 '34 Ford 5-window coupe, still shrink-wrapped.  This is the street rod only version, with a small-block Chevy and modern suspension.  The same seller also had an older AMT '49 Ford, but it was mostly built/painted and missing some parts, so I passed.

34cp.jpg

Finally got one! It was just a bit high on the price but doable. Besides, look at that custom lettering and striping.

Why do I NEED this? Because it was the first car I purchased. It had no engine so I had to scrounge the parts for one and got burned a bit in the process. Mine was root beer brown with a primer brown top, shoed with Cragers (60s and airshocks in the back and overly cut front springs for that evil rake) self ported 289 with headers and a Holley. There was top loader with a V-gate shifter before I switched to an automatic. There was also a poorly functioning nitrous system. At one time it had 4:55 gears that were welded up. That and the top loader meant all day doughnuts. 

So the question is do I recreate it or build the all black,  mini tubbed dream I had in mind.

IMG_0002-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Scott Colmer

I went ahead and sprung for a fairly complete and unmolested 1/12 AMT Cord kit to use as a basis for a presentation model to help sell a full-scale project.

Image result for 1/12 amt cord

s-l1600.jpg

After seeing Chris Drysdale's sketch based on a quick mockup idea I posted here a few weeks back, I've been working towards making this one come to life as a full-scale car.

CordRod_V1small_zpstj4eh7ck.jpg

Though my original idea was based on the old Pyro kit, that kit has several proportion errors, so, as the real car will be based on repro Cord parts that are dimensionally identical to the originals, I need to base the model on a kit that has as few proportion errors as possible...and the big 1/12 scale is more impressive to a prospective backer than a little 1/24 model would be.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...