Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

It is worth looking for one , the engine is nicer/bit more detailed over Revell's

Hows the engine tho? (I know Lindberg was notorious for lack of engine details in the past), so I wonder and would like to see it and see if its correct, to what the engine should be as a 5.7L or a 6.1L Hemi!

Hows the engine tho? (I know Lindberg was notorious for lack of engine details in the past), so I wonder and would like to see it and see if its correct, to what the engine should be as a 5.7L or a 6.1L Hemi!

The engine parts are spread out over six different parts trees, there parts to build two different engines, two different belt/pulley piece, two different intake manifolds, two different oil pans, two different front of the engine block pieces( the name is escaping me) I can get some some pics took of the parts tomorrow

The engine parts are spread out over six different parts trees, there parts to build two different engines, two different belt/pulley piece, two different intake manifolds, two different oil pans, two different front of the engine block pieces( the name is escaping me) I can get some some pics took of the parts tomorrow

Thanks man! I appreciate it I just want to see if I ought to and thats a defining factor so....

At a big flea market, 2 Revell Chevy Caprices: 1 original police-only, with the goofy oversized optional light bar. And the other in the Fire Chief/Taxi box. Both partly assembled, no big deal since these are Snap-Kits and come apart easily.  They were cheap enough that I wanted them for parts if nothing else.

Ollie's, Anderson SC: found one lonely Revell Slingster Dragster left and grabbed it.  Also the Lindberg Dodge L-700 car-hauler truck with Little Red Wagon, and another L-700 with the box trailer.  Still no Ivo Showboats.  Drat!

Not model related, but I got a new sewage line installed yesterday. That ends 2 months worth of chaos and phone calls... Nothing like flushing and taking a shower and not having something back up somewhere... It's the little things...lol

My sister went to a yard sale & bought them for me. Must be over 50 kits. She knows I build models but I build cars, not planes. Nice thought though. She laughed & said they're yours now, build them, sell them I don't care. So they'll be on ebay soon!

planes 009.JPG

planes 010.JPG

planes 011.JPG

planes 012.JPG

planes 013.JPG

planes 014.JPG

My question is why are those boxes sitting on your 68-70 Charger and why is your Charger sitting outside long enough to have tree debris in the back window?????

Flea Market Day! Found this pair of oldies.  Been looking for that Triumph Tiger for a while, at less-than-eBay prices. The engine is neatly built but it's otherwise untouched and complete.

The MPC Ford Van has the engine built/painted and minor chassis assembly. Again neatly done. I probably won't build the "Sorcerer" version, but I can use the parts on some glue-bomb MPC Ford vans. 

soc_tri.JPG

My question is why are those boxes sitting on your 68-70 Charger and why is your Charger sitting outside long enough to have tree debris in the back window?????

I had to clean out the garage so I pulled it out (the first time in about 5 years) and left it over night. Of course it rained & the wind was crazy that night so it was covered in BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH the next day. It's a 70 & yea I know the boxes shouldn't be on the trunk but it needs a lot of work, including paint. So hopefully one day I'll have time & money to finish it.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...