Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

wish I had one of those

Yea, unfortuneaty, the closest one to me so far as home or the nursing home Mom is at right now is the one I worked at and I have no intention of going back into that store unless it changes hands, moves, or closes (and is replaced with a business I might be interested in visiting).

Yea, unfortuneaty, the closest one to me so far as home or the nursing home Mom is at right now is the one I worked at and I have no intention of going back into that store unless it changes hands, moves, or closes (and is replaced with a business I might be interested in visiting).

How 'bout the Hobby Town USA in Lake in the Hills?

How 'bout the Hobby Town USA in Lake in the Hills?

That's about an hour north of West Chicago, and the place Mom is in is just south of 75th in Naperville. Usually I've been going to Lombard Hobbies (mostly train stuff with a small plastic selection) or the Schaumburg HTU and then Brians's in Dekalb while Mom was at the small, private hospital in Sycamore the last few weeks. There aren't any hobhy shops that I know of in Naperville, R/C Hobbies closed up in 2010 suddenly one spring weekendand the HobbyTown I had worked at there closed in 2008.  All that said, for what I have planned for that Chevelle, 40% off might be more than I should have really paid for it anyway.

That's about an hour north of West Chicago, and the place Mom is in is just south of 75th in Naperville. Usually I've been going to Lombard Hobbies (mostly train stuff with a small plastic selection) or the Schaumburg HTU and then Brians's in Dekalb while Mom was at the small, private hospital in Sycamore the last few weeks. There aren't any hobhy shops that I know of in Naperville, R/C Hobbies closed up in 2010 suddenly one spring weekendand the HobbyTown I had worked at there closed in 2008.  All that said, for what I have planned for that Chevelle, 40% off might be more than I should have really paid for it anyway.

While I've never been to Brian's as it's too far for me, I have seen him at many model car shows and he's a good guy.

While I've never been to Brian's as it's too far for me, I have seen him at many model car shows and he's a good guy.

He actually works with a friend of mine at a Chevy dealer several miles north of his shop. The shop is usually worth the trip from West Chicago and gave me an excuse to visit the Hy-Vee there too (Mom being in Sycamore for a few weeks gave me a great excuse to go a couple times to Brian's and several to Hy-Vee though;) ), he actually has as much, if not more inventory than I currently do!

Edited by Joe Handley

4 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

He actually works with a friend of mine at a Chevy dealer several miles north of his shop. The shop is usually worth the trip from West Chicago and gave me an excuse to visit the Hy-Vee there too (Mom being in Sycamore for a few weeks gave me a great excuse to go a couple times to Brian's and several to Hy-Vee though;) ), he actually has as much, if not more inventory than I currently do!

Oh so Brian's Hobbies is not open during the day?

9 hours ago, heyjohnxx said:

. Now I need to come up with a nice stock nailhead for the Skylark.

Only one I can think of is in the AMT '66 Riviera. And even it might have 2x4 carbs, which wouldn't be correct. 

The dirt-track Skylark still has the remnants of the original kit engine, I think, but I doubt it can be built stock. 

The relatively common AMT '65 Riv has a stock nailhead (again, 2x4s) with a hole in the block if you're going the way of the original AMT chassis. 

13 hours ago, heyjohnxx said:

Now I need to come up with a nice stock nailhead for the Skylark.

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

The dirt-track Skylark still has the remnants of the original kit engine, I think, but I doubt it can be built stock.  

Close, anyway. Original kit:

5a1d05aa0f384_66SkylarkInstructionspart1-vi.jpg.6be0f099c8e5094ffaee0456bfe44856.jpg

Modified Stocker:

5a1d05dc5b8e3_66skylarkinstructionspg1-vi.jpg.5da78737d05fd1fec169db38dbe5a1b6.jpg

(Source for both here) Maybe get the exhaust manifolds from one of the Rivieras?

13 hours ago, #1 model citizen said:

That's cool. Who makes it?

Best Model Car Parts

I will endeavor to write a review and post it (and more photos) in the Resin category of the Forum.

UPDATE: I posted a kit review in the Truck forum, Resin category...

Edited by ToyLvr
Update

16 hours ago, retired chopper pilot said:

Some pink paint for a Landie!!
ae8c9u.jpg

Some new knifes etc.
eqpl61.jpg

WOKKA WOKKA WOKKA,got me a big bird PLUS a 24th gas turbine....
j9ybtl.jpg

Next to the Dusenberg.
11iif4o.jpg

A sense of scale...
2j2w5g9.jpg[/quote]

Got this today,a back hoe or As we know it a JCB..
xarlht.jpg

Still sealed after all these years.
dxe45t.jpg

Nice find on the Backhoe Roger.   the chopper is not bad ether.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...