Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Flea Market Day!  Snagged 2 of the old, hard-to-find Crestline books on Packard and Plymouth-De Soto.  Also a full-color older book on the Harrah car collection. 

As a free bonus, the seller threw in that dealer brochure for HCS cars. As in Harry C. Stutz, who formed HCS after he resigned from the Stutz company.  The company only lasted 7 years. But it was long enough for Tommy Milton to win the 1923 Indianapolis 500, driving an HCS racing special.  The brochure has a penciled note inside, probably from a potential buyer: "3300.00, Los Angeles, E.J. Darst salesman."  The brochure's quoted prices are $2925 for a 2-passenger roadster and $2975 for a 4-passenger sedan. So that buyer must have been adding some options.

Off-topic: also found a cheap, sealed 1/48 Tamiya Raiden (Jack), Japanese WWII fighter.

fm_1129.JPG

On 11/28/2017 at 1:49 AM, ChrisBcritter said:

Close, anyway. Original kit:

5a1d05aa0f384_66SkylarkInstructionspart1-vi.jpg.6be0f099c8e5094ffaee0456bfe44856.jpg

Modified Stocker:

5a1d05dc5b8e3_66skylarkinstructionspg1-vi.jpg.5da78737d05fd1fec169db38dbe5a1b6.jpg

(Source for both here) Maybe get the exhaust manifolds from one of the Rivieras?

Thanks  for the input. I've got an AMT 442 with a smashed roof for the chassis and a little OCD to display all the GM mid-sized muscle cars for 1966.

And the Wednesday scores continue!  The Fe-Mail carrier just dropped off a pair of 1/35 scale marsupials, as shown below.  Made by Legend. (For use with Aussie armored vehicles.  Maybe I'll make one a driver...)

Also received my first order from Shapeways, some 1/24 scale AK-47 rifles.  As somebody else on this board said, Shapeways packing is really impressive.  The rifles were in a bubble-wrap bag, with larger bubble-wrap around it, all shipped in a sturdy cardboard box.

kanga.jpg

You can never have too many accessories!  I've never seen that Fujimi "Remix" box before.  It looks like they took stuff from the 3 existing tool sets, visible on the box side.  The shop vac and parts cleaner are really neat.  One of the sets also had a bookcase with shop manuals.

25 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

You can never have too many accessories!  I've never seen that Fujimi "Remix" box before.  It looks like they took stuff from the 3 existing tool sets, visible on the box side.  The shop vac and parts cleaner are really neat.  One of the sets also had a bookcase with shop manuals.

Yep! Never too many accessories! 

16 hours ago, heyjohnxx said:

Thanks  for the input. I've got an AMT 442 with a smashed roof for the chassis and a little OCD to display all the GM mid-sized muscle cars for 1966.

I assume you mean the '66, as the '69 chassis would be 3" too short. If you're going with a full-detail chassis, you probably want a full-detail engine, too, and that pretty much narrows you down to AMT '66 Riviera. If you want one of those old-school engines from the '66 Skylark dirt tracker, I can probably fix you up. 

Bought this one via a face book group I follow.

Johan 1960 Cadillac sedan and the box .  Absolutely mint untouched unpainted body . Chrome is very nice and will not be rechromed . interior brush painted in what looks like testors enamel .

Odds are I'll use the box as trade material

60caddy.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

48 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

Bought this one via a face book group I follow.

Johan 1960 Cadillac sedan and the box .  Absolutely mint untouched unpainted body . Chrome is very nice and will not be rechromed . interior brush painted in what looks like testors enamel .

Odds are I'll use the box as trade material

60caddy.jpg

You can keep the box.

How about using the model as "trade material"? ;)

Steve

3 hours ago, retired chopper pilot said:

My 3rd attempt at this kit (after 40 odd years!)
2lvbplt.jpg

Ha! That's great, both the bus and Dennis!   I grew up in Germany and Airfix kits were available, much cheaper than imported US kits, so we tried to build them.  Never did get either of these together as a 12 year old, but I have fresh kits today that I may attempt someday!

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

You can keep the box.

How about using the model as "trade material"? ;)

Steve

I'll think about it and get back to you..........................................................Im thinking,.....................................................I;m thinking .................................................

Better yet, I'll just say ,,,,nope. 

Sorry bud. Ive been after one of these for a while. The body on this thing  is pristine.

7 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

I'll think about it and get back to you..........................................................Im thinking,.....................................................I;m thinking .................................................

Better yet, I'll just say ,,,,nope. 

Sorry bud. Ive been after one of these for a while. The body on this thing  is pristine.

Just pulling your chain a little Bill. ;)

While I wouldn't mind having one, I probably wouldn't have anything that would be a worthy trade, or anything that I would care to part with for it for that matter.

I'm not big into these Johan 4 door kits.

Although I do have a nice '59 Olds & '58 Cadillac that I would like to do someday.

What I really kick myself for not getting is Modelhaus '60 & '61 Caddy 2-door kits! :(

Steve

9 hours ago, fairlane1320 said:

I've bought a couple items from that seller, I think they are what used to be AF/X-N-Scale Resin, their listed items definitely look like their products.  I got the '69 Mustang coupe back when it was AF/X about 10 years aog. 

Edited by Rob Hall

1 hour ago, Daddyfink said:

Nice score there, Dan!  Crazy guess, the The Chief?

And you would be 100% correct. The Chief was $23 (but to be honest, I had a $2 off coupon, so it was actually $25), the Jeep Wrangler was $25, and the '29 Ford was $27. I found the Jeep and the Aero Chief on a site named Mercari (I have it as an app on my tablet, but there is also a website). It's not like Ebay, it's more like Etsy or Letgo where you will occasionally find good deals if you check in often. I was sure that there would be some problem with the Aero Chief since it was so inexpensive, but everything is sealed inside, all has been accounted for, and even the decals are in good condition. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...