Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

7 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

That large scale KW and Firebird wagon has been on my wish list...very cool finds Mathew .

Thank you Mark and the 1/16th scale KW is actually my second of those, I got the Aerodyne sleeper version when they were reissued a couple years ago. The Aerodyne version and also the Firebird wagon had been "Holy Grails" for nearly 20 years after I had lost originals in a house fire in 1997, as the 1/16th scale flatbed has been as well. I really only wanted the flatbed, but the friend that was selling them was selling them as a group, but I have a plan for the flat top already that includes a green paint job. 

The wagon was actually the third I bought from the same friend, in the past couple months I've also gotten a factory sealed and a rebuilder from him, and the one here was open but complete and sealed inside. It's actually on its way to CO for an online friend that knew I was looking for another rare Firebird kit and he found one for me and he needed this for his Firebird/Trans Am collection so I bought this one for him. 

I'll keep my eyes open for you, my friend that I bought all these from buys and sells collections through a live auction group on Facebook, and sometimes as you can see he has some wonderful gems and usually for great prices! 

54 minutes ago, kelson said:

Hello tom,i purchased it on Ebay from a vendor named t.m. resin,it's a pretty nicely casted piece.

I can also vouch for t.m. resin.  Bought several things from him on eBay, all trouble-free with quick shipping.  His '67 Impala flat (non-SS) hood is a very clean casting and costs less than the same Chevy hood from another eBay seller. 

The only complaint I had is the same thing others have said, and not really a complaint - he sells everything thru eBay auctions.  If one of his auctions ends and you miss the bidding, just Follow him and wait a couple of days.  The same item will be re-listed.

2 hours ago, Mike999 said:

I can also vouch for t.m. resin.  Bought several things from him on eBay, all trouble-free with quick shipping.  His '67 Impala flat (non-SS) hood is a very clean casting and costs less than the same Chevy hood from another eBay seller. 

The only complaint I had is the same thing others have said, and not really a complaint - he sells everything thru eBay auctions.  If one of his auctions ends and you miss the bidding, just Follow him and wait a couple of days.  The same item will be re-listed.

Great! Thanks for the replies guys.

Later-

3 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Exactly the same here. Good product and fast shipping. I believe this is the same caster once doing bidness as Time Machine Resin. 

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Exactly the same here. Good product and fast shipping. I believe this is the same caster once doing bidness as Time Machine Resin. 

Yes...t.m. is short for Time Machine. Got one kit (69 Coronet wagon) from him a couple weeks ago and the box label says Time Machine Resin.   Waiting on another one now ('69 Cuda convertible). 

26 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Yes...t.m. is short for Time Machine. Got one kit (69 Coronet wagon) from him a couple weeks ago and the box label says Time Machine Resin.   Waiting on another one now ('69 Cuda convertible). 

I got his '69 Cuda hardtop. Now I need to figure out where/how to get or make back glass for it. It is NOT a simple shape. 

1 minute ago, Snake45 said:

I got his '69 Cuda hardtop. Now I need to figure out where/how to get or make back glass for it. It is NOT a simple shape. 

I have a '69 Cuda hardtop from AF/X N Scale Resin I got about a decade ago, can't recall if it came with rear window or not.   It is a complicated shape.  I always liked that roofline, neat how the side window starts curving downward over the door...

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

I always liked that roofline, neat how the side window starts curving downward over the door...

They were obviously going for a corporate "branding" of that cantilever roof. The '67-'69 Cuda HT body looks less like a real ponycar and more like a mini-B body. That's why I'm beginning to like the odd thing. 

16 hours ago, highway said:

Thank you Mark and the 1/16th scale KW is actually my second of those, I got the Aerodyne sleeper version when they were reissued a couple years ago. The Aerodyne version and also the Firebird wagon had been "Holy Grails" for nearly 20 years after I had lost originals in a house fire in 1997, as the 1/16th scale flatbed has been as well. I really only wanted the flatbed, but the friend that was selling them was selling them as a group, but I have a plan for the flat top already that includes a green paint job. 

The wagon was actually the third I bought from the same friend, in the past couple months I've also gotten a factory sealed and a rebuilder from him, and the one here was open but complete and sealed inside. It's actually on its way to CO for an online friend that knew I was looking for another rare Firebird kit and he found one for me and he needed this for his Firebird/Trans Am collection so I bought this one for him. 

I'll keep my eyes open for you, my friend that I bought all these from buys and sells collections through a live auction group on Facebook, and sometimes as you can see he has some wonderful gems and usually for great prices! 

Thank you Mathew.... I think it would be a blast to build the Conventional KW just to see how much added detail I could put into one.  LOL..I owned a 75 Trans Am once and a few others fell in love with them.   I hear you on the losses buddy...we had that tornado and many got lost and damaged...was a rough time

What did I get today? A flat tire!  At Zero-Dark-Thirty on my way to the weekly flea market.  Missed flea market and drove straight to tire store, where I bought the tires just 10 months ago.  They honored the warranty with no hassle.

Then I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a Revell '76 Torino.  The HL (Anderson, SC) had re-stocked and had some new kits:  R2 "Art Box" '59 El Camino, Revell '66 Suburban, and a few others.  Ollie's had nothing but the Lindberg "Bull Horn," plus the usual boring Lindberg ships, armor and aircraft.

So i went to the modelshop today. The plan was to only get some tamiya fina surface primer.... Sadly they only had the red variant, and i was looking for the white version. then i found out they were clearing out the store due to closing down, so i spend alot more then i intended...

This 722LSR had my eye for a long time already, but 65 euro for a kit i found a tad extreme, and well wax to get all those dirty fingers of the models, does anyone know if i can use regular car wax for the same purpose? i have plenty of those due to my detailing hobby (and starting business)

v87AHKT.jpg

Then i thought well these Revell's were originally 24.95, and i thought to myself id buy these sooner or later anyways, why not get them with 50% off...

ERTEEOo.jpg

And then i thought lets look at the tamiya paints, ended up with the following:

gycFPM4.jpg

Overall shot of everything together

WICd2It.jpg

Its hard to control myself in a store that has things that i LIKE (instead of NEED), i always end up spending way more then i intended....

Started work on this kit. It's a much nicer kit than I expected. I thought I'd be modifying the kit to eliminate all the of fire chief equipment. But the more I look it, I'm starting to have second thoughts about that. I may just paint the body and fenders, and leave the rest as is. Just polishing the body will not work with this kit. The Red molded parts are almost translucent. One can see the China info printed inside the trunk lid from the outside. Not easily. But it is there. Plus a good shot of paint will just make standout a little better.

IMG_2579.JPG

12 minutes ago, Junkman said:

This arrived today.

Note that there is no reference to S&H whatsoever on this European issue.

Odd..probably to save the cost of licensing.   Speaking of the Revell Torino, I bet we will see a 2n1 release in the US within 5 years w/ the parts from both versions. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...