Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

6 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

I decided that 25 years after release, I wanted to build a civilian version out of it( dont know how many I built as PPV's in the 90's) it also came with a  CHP/LAPD decal sheet...

If you don't mind some SERIOUS conversion work...how about a turbo-charged Caprice hearse that will hit 137 mph, wearing a custom Iron Maiden paint job?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2960030/The-hearse-ensure-won-t-late-funeral-Customized-Chevy-Caprice-complete-Iron-Maiden-paint-job-hit-137mph.html

cap_hearse.jpg

3 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

That is COOL Karl...!  I see so many building options for this one...LOL..

There's two issues of it that I'm aware of, this one and a 50th anniversary edition.

Haven't opened it yet, but there seems to be a lot of parts, the box is pretty heavy!

12 hours ago, Mike999 said:

If you don't mind some SERIOUS conversion work...how about a turbo-charged Caprice hearse that will hit 137 mph, wearing a custom Iron Maiden paint job?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2960030/The-hearse-ensure-won-t-late-funeral-Customized-Chevy-Caprice-complete-Iron-Maiden-paint-job-hit-137mph.html

cap_hearse.jpg

Might as well start with the wagon version 

The four Oldsmobiles from eBay showed up yesterday:

5a73ced7dadba_4olds8.jpg.ceeb3ddd2aa2309372228e9c0f1f29fd.jpg

5a73cf2cdb8ef_4olds7.jpg.21e685196d9cee62ac19e3d5afbc7e27.jpg

The '56 is a mint X-El reissue; the 442 is a fairly good build with some damage (I may just part it unless someone can use it); the '63 Starfire got a good wash and turned out to be pretty decent (some Bare-Metal and buffing/polishing would do wonders for it); and the '65 is the one I'm keeping. Came apart fairly easily; thank goodness the glass wasn't overglued - just a few dots. I did spend over an hour very carefully removing all four taillight lenses and I'll pour the mold for them later tonight. As for the hood, the Modified Stocker piece is missing the trim on top, so I'll either watch the usual suspects on eBay or try to cast the one I got from Tom P. Wish me luck...

1 hour ago, ChrisBcritter said:

The '56 is a mint X-El reissue; the 442 is a fairly good build with some damage (I may just part it unless someone can use it); the '63 Starfire got a good wash and turned out to be pretty decent (some Bare-Metal and buffing/polishing would do wonders for it); and the '65 is the one I'm keeping. Came apart fairly easily; thank goodness the glass wasn't overglued - just a few dots. I did spend over an hour very carefully removing all four taillight lenses and I'll pour the mold for them later tonight. As for the hood, the Modified Stocker piece is missing the trim on top, so I'll either watch the usual suspects on eBay or try to cast the one I got from Tom P. Wish me luck...

If you ever decide to let the '65 go, give me a shout.

I would be interested in doing some horse trading. ;)

Steve

I won a 66 Imperial convertible off of EBay tonight. I never had the 66, which is different from the 64 and 65 in the trunk area. I wish that they did the 66 hardtop as a kit, as the promo goes for really big bucks. I have an extra 65, where I may graft the hardtop onto the convertible.

Local toy show. They moved it this month to a much larger venue. Many more dealers, many more goers, LOT more Star Wars and comics and D&D junk. My favorite glue bomb vendor wasn't there, not too many model kits at all. 

I did score a Revell "60s VW Beetle" unbuilt kit for $5, just so I didn't go home empty-handed. I've long wanted to whack off the back end of one of these and build a stakebed truck like one I saw in an ancient Rod & Custom mag many many years ago. Maybe now's the time! 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...