Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

For anyone else trying to find those ex-Merit Talbot and Alfa kits, Atlantis has re-issued them.  Back in 2012 Atlantis put both kits in one box.  They also put a sneaky "Easter Egg" on the boxtop.  Notice the sign on the overpass bridge in the background says "MERIT."  On the original Merit boxtop, it said "Shell."  Atlantis has since split the set and now offers them separately.

Found this note about the Alfa kit on the Atlantis website: "This kit is manufactured by SMER exclusively for Atlantis Toy and Hobby here in the USA."  That's interesting.

atl.jpg

Edited by Mike999
error

4 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

My recent acquisitions.

http://IMG_20180507_084736059.jpg

http://IMG_20180507_091223832.jpg

I'm excited about the blue Tamiya Mokei 66 Galaxie slot car body. Unfortunately, it is in pieces but has great dated grille, bumpers and taillights. Never seen one before.

Later-

Nice Haul. I have to move as I never seem to find anything where I live. 

At a swap meet yesterday I bought an AMT Jaguar XJ220, a Monogram Lotus Esprit Turbo,and three Revell kits- a "67 Corvette roadster, a '97 Ford F-150, and a Chuck Etchells funny car. None of them are anything special but they were cheap enough-$35 for the lot.

9 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

My recent acquisitions.

http://IMG_20180507_084736059.jpg

http://IMG_20180507_091223832.jpg

I'm excited about the blue Tamiya Mokei 66 Galaxie slot car body. Unfortunately, it is in pieces but has great dated grille, bumpers and taillights. Never seen one before.

Later-

Great haul Tom. do you have a link for Tab's Scale Auto, would be interested in some of the tail lights like you have.

My daughter and boyfriend bought me this German space ship I was looking at getting. I was telling them about this cool kit I saw on Sunday and they ordered it right after I showed them the pic of it. Today I was at their house and the mailman dropped of a big box and they really surprised me when he threw it at me and said thanks for helping them out when they need it!!!

Vince

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by vintagedragcrazy
Forgot the pics!

3 hours ago, vintagedragcrazy said:

My daughter and boyfriend bought me this German space ship I was looking at getting. I was telling them about this cool kit I saw on Sunday and they ordered it right after I showed them the pic of it. Today I was at their house and the mailman dropped of a big box and they really surprised me when he threw it at me and said thanks for helping them out when they need it!!!

Vince

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That is way cool !

12 hours ago, vintagedragcrazy said:

Vince

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thats cool Vince buddy...there were rumors they did experiment with some wild things in WW11.

The Haunebu is great!  I'm just glad they didn't pay homage to a trash TV show, and call it the Haunebu-bu.  OK, I'll show myself out...

Squadron has also released a "post-war, civil passenger" version of that thing (photo below).  AFAIK, the first 1/72 Haunebu was released by the obscure "Hand & Head" model company. I have that one. The box art shows the saucer blasting a B-24 bomber. It's a completely different kit from the Squadron, which is their own work.  I believe Revell-Germany reissued the Hand & Head kit.  Here's a thread about the Squadron kit from Britmodeller:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235013922-172-haunebu-ii-squadron-models-limited-premium-version-now-available/

haun_civ.jpg

Edited by Mike999
omit2

I went to my Favorite place that's  local to where I live and came home with all these!  3 of these I traded some toy's to get, and some Hayne's auto repair books for , And the fourth kit I paid $15.00 for Now Guess which one cost me $15.00 :-)

DSC02850.JPG

DSC02849.JPG

DSC02848.JPG

DSC02847.JPG

DSC02846.JPG

DSC02845.JPG

DSC02851.JPG

A nicely built, rehab-able JoHan Scrambler AND a '65 (-ish?) Valiant promo? Oh man, if I have one day like that a year, it sticks with me for a LONG time. Well done, friend! B)

Edited by Snake45

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

A nicely built, rehab-able JoHan Scrambler AND a '65 (-ish?) Valiant promo? Oh man, if I have one day like that a year, it sticks with me for a LONG time. Well done, friend! B)

The Valiant is a '64 AMT craftsman. The Johan will not be re-done, The 1925 Ford's the hot rod is built while the other '25 hasn't been touched, The '25 ford's are molded in black , the instuction sheet is quite yellowed with age So they are late 1960's issue I think.

34 minutes ago, ranma said:

The Johan will not be re-done, 

I wouldn't re-do it either, though I'd probably spend a couple hours cleaning it up and touching it up and so forth. It's a sweet piece, very displayable. B)

14 hours ago, ranma said:

The Valiant is a '64 AMT craftsman. The Johan will not be re-done, The 1925 Ford's the hot rod is built while the other '25 hasn't been touched, The '25 ford's are molded in black , the instuction sheet is quite yellowed with age So they are late 1960's issue I think.

That Garbage truck kit is a good one...love that series.   I have the Valiant but its missing the rear bumper sadly.  Nice finds..! 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...