Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

22 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

The Premier Ford Anglia 100E (or as they labeled it, "English Ford") is all there; now to start fixing all the mistakes on the wheel and window openings and find some interesting way to finish it (Gasser is a bit obvious...). Also need to do some measuring and figure out how close to 1/25 scale it really is.

OK, I measured the wheelbase and it comes out to right around 87mm, which is sure close to 1/25 scale (the real car has an 87" wheelbase). These cars were tiny...

8 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Picked up a few old unbuilt curbside kits off of eBay, interesting subjects..two Monogram Triumphs and two Esci Mercs.   Never had an Esci kit before, though I do have some ex-Esci AMT and Revell kits. 

unnamed-8.jpg

Rob, is the TR8 molded in silver?

18 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Picked up a few old unbuilt curbside kits off of eBay, interesting subjects..two Monogram Triumphs and two Esci Mercs.   Never had an Esci kit before, though I do have some ex-Esci AMT and Revell kits. 

The 450SL probably has a huge chunk of plastic hanging from the interior roof, about where the rear-view mirror mounts.  Every one I've ever seen has that annoying little extra.  It takes careful removal with a razor-saw and sanding sticks, to avoid damaging the roof.  I have the 2 Rally versions of that kit, Bandama and Hugo Boss.  They're pretty good kits, with interior/chassis detail and a simplified engine. 

The G-Wagen has no engine but is also a nice kit.  Conversion potential is huge, since G-Wagens were built in many variations and used all over the world.  One of the easier conversions is the 2-door ambulance used by the German Army.  Several internet modelers have done this one, and the much more complicated "big box" G-wagen ambulance.

gwag_amb.jpg

23 hours ago, Mike999 said:

The 450SL probably has a huge chunk of plastic hanging from the interior roof, about where the rear-view mirror mounts.  Every one I've ever seen has that annoying little extra.  It takes careful removal with a razor-saw and sanding sticks, to avoid damaging the roof.  I have the 2 Rally versions of that kit, Bandama and Hugo Boss.  They're pretty good kits, with interior/chassis detail and a simplified engine. 

The G-Wagen has no engine but is also a nice kit.  Conversion potential is huge, since G-Wagens were built in many variations and used all over the world.  One of the easier conversions is the 2-door ambulance used by the German Army.  Several internet modelers have done this one, and the much more complicated "big box" G-wagen ambulance.

Yes, big tab hanging from the roof in the SLC.   The G-wagen I'll probably do stock or with newer style wheels and tires, maybe make it look more like a modern G-class. 

So, my daughter just sent me a text asking me if I wanted this.

http://9240.jpeg

I said "Definitely". Then I told her to send me a picture of the inside and she said "I would, but it's still sealed." Got it for $14.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

3 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

My weekend purchase.

Looks clean enough for some basic touchups and in the case it will go.

To sit  along side a few others I doubt I will ever take apart to redo

s-l1600.jpg

Oh yeah. I could work with that. And I'm sure you can, too. B)

"I couldn't just leave it sitting there..."  Which is how I ended up with a basement-and-a-half full of unbuilt models.

Saw this in a local thrift store yesterday, on a shelf with board games and the like.  The box was open so I expected a glue-bomb.  Nope, it was in perfect shape, with all the parts still in their bags. It cost 1 whole dollar, so I might build it just for a fun change from cars and tanks. Or trade it or something.

727.jpg

Broke down and bought the Revell prepainted Hemi Orange modern Challenger at Ollie's. Not a huge fan of the car, but I've been messing around with some modern Camaros, Mustangs and Corvettes lately, so I guess I "need" it to complete the collection. If it goes together like their Camaro, it should be a quick, easy, fun Snake-slap. I'll stick it back for a rainy-day Slump Buster. 

Actually, I was given this (free!) three weeks ago today. I love convertibles. And I love Imperials. And '65 has always been my favorite year for Imperial. Everything is where. In generally good shape. A small break across the cowl and one broken vent wing. That's it! Started repairs and subassemblies about an hour ago. It will be built as stock '65 Imperial Crown convertible. (At least as close as one can get with the original parts in the kit. The "stock" 413 set up comes with staggered dual carburetors. Not something seen on "stock" Imperials. But, also seen under the hood of my AMT '63 Imperial Crown convertible.) 

IMG_2885.JPG

9 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Actually, I was given this (free!) three weeks ago today. I love convertibles. And I love Imperials. And '65 has always been my favorite year for Imperial. Everything is where. In generally good shape. A small break across the cowl and one broken vent wing. That's it! Started repairs and subassemblies about an hour ago. It will be built as stock '65 Imperial Crown convertible. (At least as close as one can get with the original parts in the kit. The "stock" 413 set up comes with staggered dual carburetors. Not something seen on "stock" Imperials. But, also seen under the hood of my AMT '63 Imperial Crown convertible.) 

IMG_2885.JPG

Fabulous score! Congratulations!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...